Senior Director of PMO
Commercial Operations – Program Management Operations /
Seven Bridges is the leading biomedical data analysis company, specializing in software and data analytics to drive public and private healthcare research. Our end-to-end bioinformatics solutions empower our global customer base to get the most from their private biomedical data, while also leveraging unprecedented access to public datasets and the largest bioinformatics tool sets available.
The Sr. Director of PMO will report to the Chief Operating Officer, working to help the company become more profitable, produce high-quality goods and services and meet its production goals.
The Sr. Director of PMO will directly manage a team of project managers, oversee the company’s portfolio of projects (Clients and Internal), mission-critical operational initiatives, with specific duties of creating measures for improving business/operational processes, and facilitate regular executive management reporting & collaboration. The individual will also oversee the implementation and long-term administration of the OpenAir software solution which will be used for time tracking, financial reporting and resource planning as well as personally managed selected projects. Some domestic and international travel may be required.
The strongest candidates will have significant working experience at a mid to large size organization bringing an emerging technology related to SAAS, PAAS, IAAS end-to-end, workflow-based processing or analytic platforms to market. They will be a highly motivated individual that is able to multitask while maintaining disciplined organization across many initiatives across all aspects of the operations. They will also have strong people and oral/written communication skills, able to exert operational controls while maintaining a positive environment of collaboration and growth.
- Responsible for establishing and managing a corporate wide project management office to ensure IT alignment with the enterprise's business strategy.
- He/she will have excellent business acumen with a superior service-oriented approach to deliver exceptional user experience and overall business value.
- Subject matter expert in project planning and resource planning - familiar with waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Highly proficient in the use of project management and professional services software tools used for managing projects, tracking time, monitoring resource utilization, etc. Able to analyze/maximize use of such tools to ensure consistency of operations throughout the company.
- Design and implement project management methodology standards to drive and facilitate the success of project delivery, including key performance indicators, tools/templates to be used, and processes to be followed.
- Establish organizational credibility with respect to project management deliverables and process efficiencies by instilling a culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability for outcomes.
- Provide oversight of PMO monitoring and reporting to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Drive execution of a PMO governance and reporting framework to provide a holistic view of project activity and health.
- Track and monitor project risks, issues, and incidents.
- Proactively provide recommendations and corrective actions to the COO and executive leadership team on project prioritization, timelines, budget, resourcing, and risk/issue resolution.
- Foster strong relationships and work collaboratively with Business, Scientific and IT leadership.
- Oversee time tracking and resource planning for the company. Produce dashboard reports on a consistent basis.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience running a PMO
- Minimum 5 years of professional project management experience leading projects (hands-on)
- Extensive experience using Professional Services management systems - NetSuite’s OpenAir highly desirable
- Experience working within global organizations
- Experience working within operations across multiple sites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Process Management or a related field
- Masters Degree in Business Administration highly preferred
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) highly preferred
- Certified Program Management Professional (PgMP) highly preferred
- Highly proficient in utilizing advanced project/program management software tools (e.g. OpenAir NetSuite, Harvest PM, Workzone, Oracle Primavera, MS Project, Smartsheets, Jira)
- Highly proficient in complex spreadsheets, pivot tables
- Highly proficient in G Suite applications
- Strong analytical skills, decision making abilities
- Presentation skills, oral and written communications skills, teamwork skills
- Strong people, leadership and cross-cultural skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with ability to address business critical issues proactively
- Strong influencing skills to drive win-win outcomes inside and outside of the organization
- Ability to manage and motivate individuals and provide constructive feedback as required
- Ability to develop templates and SOPs to help drive productivity improvements throughout the organization
- Knowledge of bio sciences highly desirable