UPN Senior Product Manager
Unified Patient Network – Product/Validation /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine.
We are expanding our industry-leading bioinformatics ecosystem and partnering with other industry leaders to create the Unified Patient Network (UPN) -- an unprecedented network of health systems, patients, and biopharmaceutical companies -- to leverage population-scale, whole genome-driven research and discovery to dramatically accelerate and advance precision medicine.
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
You will be the initial hire on a new product management team focused on an innovative real-world data initiative at Seven Bridges. The successful candidate will lead the development and delivery of data integration and harmonization tools for managing clinical data from a growing ecosystem of US health system partners in this initiative. We seek an experienced and driven product and data platform expert with a strong technical aptitude, work ethic, and ability to lead a team in a dynamic, cross-functional environment. This position also affords an opportunity to deepen your product management and technology experience - all while working with and building some of the largest integrated clinico-genomic datasets in the world.
What you will be doing:
- Envision innovative informatics and analytics solutions and unique real-world data product offerings, in partnership with initiative executives and key ecosystem stakeholders in both healthcare and the R&D industry.
- Document and manage product requirements to clearly articulate solution objectives, operating parameters, and data inputs and outputs.
- Oversee, guide, and validate software deliverables focused on clinical data integration and harmonization from the Engineering team and data product deliverables from the Data Operations team in line with these requirements.
- Serve as ‘product owner’ in collaborative, day-to-day work with Engineering and Data Operations teams. This involves serving as a core product and solution owner in Agile product and engineering ceremonies (backlog refinement, sprint planning, product release scoping and planning), as well as managing, reviewing and approving formal product requirements and release deliverables.
- Actively collaborate with and contribute to cross-functional product teams (including peer product managers at Seven Bridges) aimed at integrating large-scale clinical and genomic data assets, in support of pioneering biomedical R&D initiatives.
- Work closely with the initiative’s Data Operations Team to refine and improve data integration and harmonization tools, and optimize clinical data pipelines for broadening scope and increasing data scale.
- Collaborate with and support the initiative’s program management function in their work to track, report and manage overall initiative status, risks, issues and successful delivery.
- Develop compelling, and insightful and strategic recommendations for new areas of product expansion and development, or for new solutions contributing to significant stakeholder value.
- Build and lead a “culture of continuous improvement” with regards to product innovation, quality and program delivery.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Informatics, Data Science or a technical engineering discipline.
- 4+ years working in product management in one of the following domains: clinical real-world data solutions, biopharma R&D software solutions, healthcare IT solutions or genome analytics / informatics.
- 3+ years of technical or product team management and direct staff supervisory experience.
- Proven experience delivering innovative software or data platform solutions through the entire product lifecycle (from solution envisioning, through detailed product requirements to implementation, validation and customer delivery and acceptance).
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced “startup” environment.
- Experience working in a regulated healthcare data environment (HIPAA/CMS in healthcare and/or GxP/FDA in life sciences or biopharma).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven experience with Atlassian Jira software for product management and delivery and Atlassian Confluence for distributed team collaboration and communication.
- Experience authoring detailed, technical software product requirements. Deep understanding of agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) and product management methodologies.
- Hands-on experience working in clinical or real-world data analytics, biopharma research and development, and/or data management or analytics in a cloud-based environment (AWS preferred).