Belgrade & Novi Sad /
Technology – Engineering /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
As an Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to build, mentor and lead agile development teams whose mission is to extend our platform, build innovative tools and products, and design new and custom solutions.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, this role will be pivotal in leading a team of engineers; partnering closely with technical product owners and various stakeholder groups; This role is responsible for providing mentorship and guidance to the engineering team, and assisting them in their career growth plans. You should be comfortable leading cross functional agile teams with skill sets including frontend, backend, data and the incorporation of machine learning-based components and tools.
What you will be working on:
- Manage a combined team of engineers belonging to multiple SCRUM teams
- Use your experience to provide guidance, advice and to coaching team members on technical contributions, product architecture, and other technical or non-technical areas.
- Hold regular 1:1s with all team members, and work on career development of each individual.
- Help your team members grow their skills and experience by creating a training and skills building plan for each.
- Give regular and clear feedback around the individual's performance.
- Conduct interviews with job candidates, and educate team members to do productive and efficient technical interviews.
- Create, maintain, and conduct the onboarding plan for new hires.
- Contribute to the sense of mental well-being for your direct reports.
- Proactive approach on technical (e.g. tools and technologies) and procedural changes to make team members and scrum teams more productive and efficient.
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum 2 years of professional managerial experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the technical field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Experience working within global organizations.
- Experience working collaboratively with people across multiple sites/time zones.
- Good presentation, oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud technologies and multi-cloud concepts. Familiarity with various cloud offerings and their applicability.
- Background in software development and knowledge of various technology stacks; Preferred - familiarity with our tech stack: Java, Python, Go, Angular.
- Ability to analyze, define and track key metrics and implement organizational and operational changes efficiently.
- Strong people, leadership and cross cultural skills.
- A team player and ability to manage and motivate individuals and provide constructive feedback.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with ability to address business critical issues proactively.
- Fluent in English language
It would be great if you:
- Have experience with design and architecture of large distributed systems.
- Have knowledge of CI/CD concepts, tooling and deployment strategies.
- Are familiar with microservice development, real time event streaming, cloud-based architectures (particularly AWS & Google Cloud Platform), and operationalizing predictive models.
- Have a knowledge of bio sciences
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together.
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.