Finance & Administration – Finance /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, London, Serbia and more. We are roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
As a member of the Finance Team at Seven Bridges, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for posting and reconciling key general ledger activities and accounts, managing accounts payable, assisting with customer invoicing, as well as improving our internal controls. This role reports to the Finance Manager and will interact with customers, vendors and other members of the organization. This is an excellent opportunity for a go-getter to demonstrate exceptional accounting and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with monthly financial close process and related preparation of financial statements
- Perform reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Assist with accounts payable activities including processing invoices, establishing relationships with key vendors, and preparing weekly accounts payable reconciliations
- Assist with payroll and benefit reconciliations and monthly customer invoicing
- Manage state employee tax registration
- Record daily bank transactions
- Manage and maintain corporate credit card transactions to ensure ownership/division accuracy
- Assist with annual external financial statement audit, including preparation of audit schedules
- Implement and optimize process improvements as required
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-3 years of public or general accounting experience
- Ability to work in our Charlestown, MA office
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Demonstrate attention to detail and excellent organization, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and consistently meet assigned deadlines and work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external entities to maximize performance, problem-solving and results
- Demonstrate a proficiency in use of cloud-based technology as well as MS Office applications. Advanced knowledge and experience with Adobe and Excel, such as how to create charts and graphs is required. Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, 401K matching, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO, flexible work schedule, and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.