Science – Programs /
Seven Bridges is the industry-leading bioinformatics ecosystem provider enabling researchers to extract meaningful insights from genomic and phenotypic data in order to advance precision medicine. Our complete bioinformatics ecosystem consists of a compliant analytics platform, seamless data and automation, and expert scientific services. This holistic approach to bioinformatics is enabling researchers — at the world’s leading academic, biotechnology, government, medical centers, and pharmaceutical entities — to increase R&D efficiency, enhance the hypothesis resolution process, isolate critical biomarkers, and even turn a failing clinical trial around while also reducing computational workflow times and data storage costs. We are a global company with offices in the US, London, Serbia and more. We are roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow?
The Public Programs Team at Seven Bridges brings together diverse team members who possess a unique balance of technical expertise and strong interpersonal skills. We are looking for individuals who demonstrate the ability to think strategically about research and business questions, understand the scientific problems that researchers need to solve, and develop strategies for maximizing the success of a solution.
As a program manager, you will lead or co-lead one or more programs within Seven Bridges’ portfolio - spanning engagements with non-profit and government entities. Recent examples of programs include but are not limited to the National Cancer Institute’s Cancer Research Data Commons for which Seven Bridges provides the Cancer Genomics Cloud and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute’s BioData Catalyst project. Fundamentally, program managers are empathetic, strong communicators who excel at managing and organizing large, complex initiatives with multiple stakeholders and external collaborators. Program managers strike a balance between maintaining structure to ensure project deliverables are met and being flexible to change course when priorities change. Program managers keep the big picture in focus by integrating goals and project milestones from multiple initiatives across the company and community, defining and clearly communicating priorities, and ultimately ensuring that the products we build make research easier and faster for the scientific communities we serve.
What you will be doing:
- Define priorities, guide decisions, eliminate roadblocks, and ensure seamless communication across cross-functional teams (internal and external) throughout the development life cycle.
- Create and manage project roadmap, aligning with company priorities and closely collaborating with senior management, the other program managers, and product teams.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders; communication of timelines and status, requirements, logistics, and all other project-related issues.
- Enable fulfillment of all contractual obligations for your program(s), engaging with legal, engineering, product, marketing, security, and finance teams.
- Interact with diverse external stakeholders from executive level to technical staff.
- Articulate strategy for RFPs or RFIs; lead and coordinate delivering responses including project budget.
- Research, understand, and prioritize the needs of the users served by your program(s) -- and then teach them how to get the most from the features and products.
Do you have what it takes?
- PhD OR MS in science or engineering and/or experience in a software development environment.
- Knowledge in genomics, clinical trials, and/or biomedical data analysis.
- Program management experience in a relevant organization or multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to deliver compelling presentations tailored to a range of audiences including project funders, researchers, internal stakeholders, and development teams.
- Ability to work as part of a team, jointly making decisions to ensure alignment across projects managed by other individuals.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities. Are able to command the room and be a good, empathetic listener.
- Excellent written and verbal communication across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Responsive and self-starting, can thrive in ambiguous and collaborative environments.
- Availability to travel up to 10% of the time. Currently there will be no travel due to COVID, all teams will be kept up to date as we get back to regular travel in the future.
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, 401K matching, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.