Java Software Engineer
Novi Sad /
Engineering – Engineering /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
As a member of our Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to extend our platform, build innovative tools and products, and be involved in designing new and custom solutions. You will be working on a subset of our 100+ production services and be responsible for design, implementation, integration and operation of these services.
Some of the problems we are solving are:
- Scaling our cloud-based distributed file system
- Heterogeneous content search
- Optimizing data uploads and downloads
- Managing and optimizing multi-cloud resource allocation
- Building a distributed execution system for genomic pipelines and tools
- Building a multi-cloud billing systemBuilding an internal data warehouse
Do you have what it takes?
- Have 1+ years of relevant engineering/data analysis experience
- Be proficient in Java server-side development
- Understand the common design patterns and engineering practices
- Know how to work with at least one modern build system
- Have a solid knowledge of common algorithms and data structuresHave good communication skills
- Be proficient in spoken and written English
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn
It would be great if you:
- Have experience with the architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Have strong Computer Science background
- Are comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.)
- Some of the libraries and technologies we use: Jetty, Jersey, Jackson, JDBI, Hibernate, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, ElasticSearch. Experience with some or all of these technologies is a big plus, but not a requirement.
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together.
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our benefits: We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.