Community Engagement Manager
Science – Programs /
Seven Bridges is the industry-leading bioinformatics ecosystem provider enabling researchers to extract meaningful insights from genomic and phenotypic data in order to advance precision medicine. Our complete bioinformatics ecosystem consists of a compliant analytics platform, seamless data and automation, and expert scientific services. This holistic approach to bioinformatics is enabling researchers — at the world’s leading academic, biotechnology, government, medical centers, and pharmaceutical entities — to increase R&D efficiency, enhance the hypothesis resolution process, isolate critical biomarkers, and even turn a failing clinical trial around while also reducing computational workflow times and data storage costs. We are a global company with offices in the US, London, Serbia and more. We are roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow?
The Public Programs Team at Seven Bridges brings together diverse team members who possess a unique balance of technical expertise and strong interpersonal skills. As a Community Engagement Manager, you will lead outreach efforts to share the benefits of using Seven Bridges platforms with a wide range of researchers including genomics scientists, bioinformatics tool developers, clinicians, and course instructors. Examples of platforms include, but are not limited to, the National Cancer Institute’s Cancer Genomics Cloud and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute’s BioData Catalyst. You will also lead training initiatives to teach researchers how to get the most out of using Seven Bridges platforms and ensure user success.
Fundamentally, Community Engagement Managers are strong, empathetic communicators and teachers who excel at engaging researchers and tool developers. As a community engagement manager you will work on planning strategy for user outreach and engagement as well as performing 1:1 advanced user support when needed. You will continually seek user feedback so that Seven Bridges platforms continue to improve in a user-centric way.
What you'll be doing;
- Create content to help researchers learn how to use Seven Bridges platforms including written tutorials and video tutorials.
- Plan and lead training sessions and workshops for user groups ranging from 5 users to 100 users.
- Engage with users of Seven Bridges platforms, understand their research questions, and help them successfully carry out their study on the platform.
- Deeply understand users’ needs and help incorporate their feedback into the product roadmap.
- Present the value of Seven Bridges platforms to the research community at conferences, workshops, and consortia meetings.
- Create a strategy to grow our use base.
Do you have what it takes?
- PhD or MS in genomics, bioinformatics, molecular biology, engineering, or related discipline.
- Excellent communications skills applicable to a wide audience that includes users, researchers, funding agencies, and internal stakeholders.
- Experience conducting genomics experiments or analyzing omics data (e.g. RNA-seq, Exome-seq, ChIP-seq, proteomics, imaging analysis etc.).
- Enthusiasm for teaching others and making highly technical concepts accessible to a wide audience.
It would be great if you had...
- Experience running workshops, user groups, or other large user-engagement events.
- Ability to program in R and/or Python.
- Knowledge of the clinical applications of genomics in cancer and other therapeutic areas and understanding of the challenges researchers face when integrating genomics into clinical workflows.
- Experience with large scale -omics data processing on the cloud and/or high-performance computing.
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, 401K matching, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.