Science – Programs /
Seven Bridges is the industry-leading bioinformatics ecosystem provider enabling researchers to extract meaningful insights from genomic and phenotypic data in order to advance precision medicine. Our complete bioinformatics ecosystem consists of a compliant analytics platform, seamless data and automation, and expert scientific services. This holistic approach to bioinformatics is enabling researchers — at the world’s leading academic, biotechnology, government, medical centers, and pharmaceutical entities — to increase R&D efficiency, enhance the hypothesis resolution process, isolate critical biomarkers, and even turn a failing clinical trial around while also reducing computational workflow times and data storage costs. We are a global company with offices in the US, London, Serbia and more. We are roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow?
The Genomics Scientist will work closely with the Seven Bridges Principal investigator to drive the success of at least one NCI-funded consortia tasked with developing cancer treatments through the generation of new models with corresponding sequencing data. You will work closely with consortia PI’s to develop and execute consortia strategies for developing new multi-agent treatments that can lead to human clinical trials. Executing on the consortia strategies will be your place to shine. You will execute on the consortia strategy by developing collaborative relationships with participating research center’s Principal Investigators (PIs) that will allow you to individualize the strategy execution for each of the participating institutions.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with the Network Principal investigators to execute the consortia’s strategies.
- Lead data generation and publishing initiatives by working closely with individual researchers and leading internal efforts to develop supporting tools.
- Perform consortia and project needs assessment and requirements gathering.
- Collaborate with bioinformatics scientists and software engineers to design and deploy solutions for the consortia, including company products and customizations, and present these solutions and results to the Network.
- Work with committees to ensure that their consortia pilot’s projects are successful.
- Maintain and track the relationship with the consortia and become the internal authority on consortia issues, needs and future plans.
- Troubleshoot problems with individual researchers and strategize on solutions, coordinating with internal teams.
- Become an expert user of Seven Bridges platforms by learning to run genomics analyses, set up new workflows, build simple scripts with the R or Python API, or do basic debugging of analyses.
- Train consortia users by running customized educational workshops.
- Use your scientific expertise to contribute to high-quality written RFP and RFI responses, including writing executive summaries and responses, and editing technical components.
Do you have what it takes?
- Ph.D. or MS in genetics, bioinformatics, molecular biology, computer science, or related discipline.
- Specialized knowledge in genomics, bioinformatics, biomedical data analysis, programming.
- Experience conducting genomic experiments or analyzing omics data (e.g. PDX, organoids, single-cell, RNA-seq, Exome-seq, imaging analysis, etc.).
- Ability to communicate clearly with cross-functional dynamic teams during the course of a scientific or technical project.
- Hands-on analytical skills in a quantitative area (ex. Genomic data analysis and Bioinformatics Workflow development/execution).
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new concepts and technical skills.
- Ability to communicate with customers, researchers, teams, and stakeholders with the ability to deliver compelling technical presentations.
- Ability to assess the current and future needs and interests of the clinical and research community and to help shape strategy.
- Ability and enthusiasm to thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Responsive; focused on helping others find effective solutions.
- Experience leading or executing translational research projects in a consortia setting.
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, 401K matching, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.