UPN Director of Patient Advocacy
Unified Patient Network – Health System Support /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine.
We are expanding our industry-leading bioinformatics ecosystem and partnering with other industry leaders to create the Unified Patient Network (UPN) -- an unprecedented network of health systems, patients, and biopharmaceutical companies -- to leverage population-scale, whole genome-driven research and discovery to dramatically accelerate and advance precision medicine.
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
Unified Patient Network (UPN) is seeking a Director of Patient Advocacy who will manage the planning and execution of advocacy plans for disease areas such as Oncology, Cardiovascular, Metabolic, and Rare Diseases in adult and pediatrics settings. This person will be responsible for strategy and coordination in aligning key interests between the UPN and patient groups served by the health system members, assisting in the evaluation and development of programs. This individual will also lead internal efforts for promoting patient advocacy.
What you will be doing:
- Together with the UPN Executive Team and Steering Committee, build the annual Participant and Community Engagement strategic priorities; works to ensure effective implementation of the strategy
- Liaises with health system committees and efforts to develop broader UPN Patient Advocacy program while supporting the members with UPN specific content and strategies for their respective accessible populations
- Builds relationships with external partners (e.g., universities, associations, advocacy groups) to investigate and implement effective diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team, contributing to building UPN’s participant branding strategy, and representing the organization internally and externally, telling our story and sharing our commitments, programs, lessons learned and progress
- Lead in raising awareness through patient experiences and stories to build relationships and trust in the patient community
- Provide content development support for health system members to connect UPN to their key communities for patient advocacy
- Jointly develop tool kits for promoting advocacy, access and diversity, equity, and inclusion for health system members
- Enhance cultural competence, support anti-racism efforts and seeks to create an overall more inclusive participation to UPN’s programs
- Establish best practices and tools to improve patient/client/provider relationships based on specific DE&I situations related to staff or clients
- Support the UPN’s commitment to accountability on DE&I goals by identifying relevant metrics, implementing assessment mechanisms for accountability, and communicating progress at regular intervals
- Leverage resources, relationships, and data to ensure involvement, support, and success for diversity, inclusion, and community engagement initiatives
- Lead the Patient Advocacy committee of the UPN; envision and develop UPN sponsored programs that celebrate diversity, such as Hispanic Heritage Month, Black History Month, Native American Heritage Month, Women’s History Month, LGBTQ History etc.
Do you have what it takes?
- Master’s degree or other advanced degrees preferred (Genetic Counseling, Health Education and Promotion, Community Health Promotion, Nursing, Public Health, etc.)
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in pharma or community setting with specific patient engagement experience. Experience with patient engagement in diverse and marginalized populations preferred.
- Proven understanding of the needs and behaviors of people living with or at risk for various diseases or conditions,
- Familiarity with clinical and public health issues, including but not limited to patients and their families
- Solid understanding of the applicable regulatory environment and industry standards
- Proficiencies in relationship and network management, event planning, industry standards and regulations, with a strong awareness of emerging trends around patient-centered research and technology, patient experience, and patient-reported outcomes