Senior Account Executive
Commercial Operations – Sales /
Seven Bridges is the industry-leading bioinformatics ecosystem provider enabling researchers to extract meaningful insights from genomic and phenotypic data in order to advance precision medicine. Our complete bioinformatics ecosystem consists of a compliant analytics platform, seamless data and automation, and expert scientific services. This holistic approach to bioinformatics is enabling researchers — at the world’s leading academic, biotechnology, government, medical centers, and pharmaceutical entities — to increase R&D efficiency, enhance the hypothesis resolution process, isolate critical biomarkers, and even turn a failing clinical trial around while also reducing computational workflow times and data storage costs.
Reporting into the VP of Sales North America, the Senior Account Executive will drive new business development opportunities and build relationships with key decision-makers, work with internal teams to meet prospect/client needs and ultimately navigate through the prospect’s/client’s buying processes to reach successful closure . This position will be responsible for playing a key role in developing and executing Seven Bridges business strategy and expanding our growth opportunities into the Biopharma segment.
- Development of new business opportunities through proactive identification and qualification of key contacts within assigned accounts and targets.
- Coordinate with the Seven Bridges Senior Management team on all business development activities and enlist support proactively when required.
- Develop and implement account strategies and sales plans to achieve and or exceed quota targets.
- Anticipate and mitigate prospect/client challenges through proactive engagement methodologies.
- Cross functional collaboration within Seven Bridges and prospect/client teams to develop and scope solutions.
- Manage up to date activity, planning, and forecasting of all qualified opportunities throughout the sales process to closure status.
- Maintain a current and appropriate understanding of genomics, bioinformatics analysis, and prospect/client related scientific direction.
- Active participation at industry meetings and conferences as required to represent Seven Bridges.
- Travel may be required up to 30%
- Develop and deliver presentations, proposals and RFP responses to meet expressed and anticipated customer needs
- Closely manage software trials and pilots to ensure a successful outcome
- Follow industry trends and competitor strategy to distinguish and leverage key differentiators
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years experience selling SaaS solutions into the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, or Genomics segment.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in a Life Science related field of study. An understanding of, or experience in genomics, whilst not required, would be an advantage
- Ability to secure meetings, develop and expand relationships to deliver on business commitments and sales goals.
- Successful track record selling solutions into the life science/genomics market with a preference for SaaS and/or complex software sales
- An ability to network at all levels within an organization. Established relationships in pharma/biotech desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to understand and present technical and/or scientific concepts and material clearly and effectively
- Compelling drive and energy to over achieve targets
- Proven team player with an ability to thrive working independently as well as part of a collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of strategic sales development techniques, SFDC, G Suite experience preferred.
*We are open to applicants throughout the United States to work remotely.