Science – Bioinformatics /
Seven Bridges is the industry-leading bioinformatics ecosystem provider enabling researchers to extract meaningful insights from genomic and phenotypic data in order to advance precision medicine. Our complete bioinformatics ecosystem consists of a compliant analytics platform, seamless data and automation, and expert scientific services. This holistic approach to bioinformatics is enabling researchers — at the world’s leading academic, biotechnology, government, medical centers, and pharmaceutical entities — to increase R&D efficiency, enhance the hypothesis resolution process, isolate critical biomarkers, and even turn a failing clinical trial around while also reducing computational workflow times and data storage costs. We are a global company with offices in the US, London, Serbia and more. We are roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
On a day-to-day basis you’ll evaluate the existing analyses as well design new solutions needed by the client for applications of interest. You will build genomic data analysis pipelines, compare approaches, automate and streamline data processing flow. Additionally, you will proactively be identifying client needs and opportunities to provide solutions. You should be able to deliver presentations as well demos for various Seven Bridges based products utilized by the client.
What you will be doing:
- Having direct exposure to the client and perform requirement gathering, solution design and development
- Discuss potential and optimal solution approaches based on client needs
- Present existing bioinformatics solution as well deliver demo and pitches of novel SB platform capabilities
- Evaluating new approaches and proactively proposing improvements for existing customer genomic data analyses
- Analyzing and processing genomic data using Python and/or R.
- Optimizing pipelines for genomic data analysis and automating client genomic data analysis
- Understand client’s use case and their existing bioinformatics data processing pipelines
- Understand the architecture and services of Seven Bridges platform
- Bringing new bioinformatics tools and workflows to the Seven Bridges platform
- Debug, troubleshoot and resolve client issues associated with bioinformatics tools on the Seven Bridges platform
Do you have what it takes?
- PhD with minimum 2-3 years of relevant industry experience OR MS with minimum 5 years of experience in Bioinformatics data analysis/Computational biology in industry setting
- Practical experience or in-depth knowledge of sequencing and genomics methods
- Experience in NGS analysis and methods (tools) as well as the computing infrastructure (in Linux/*NIX environment)
- Demonstrated coding ability with Python, R, bash/Perl and good coding practices
- Familiarity with common bioinformatics tools for DNA and RNA-seq analysis methods such as GATK suite, BWA, Mutect, STAR, Strelka etc.
- Proven ability to design analytical pipelines for processing genomic dataset in order to drive new findings
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Customer-focused and team-player mindset
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with AWS/Azure/Google cloud
- Previous research experience and publication record
- Previous bioinformatics work in immuno oncology space
- Proven communication and presentation skill to variety of different audiences
- Knowledge of the clinical applications of genomics in cancer and other therapeutic areas and understanding of the challenges researchers face when integrating genomics into clinical workflows
- Familiarity with common engineering development practices
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar ticketing system
- Previous experience using Seven Bridges products
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, 401K matching, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.