Junior Technical Support Specialist
Product – Support /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
Our global team is spread across three continents and provides services for a worldwide customer base. The necessity of providing top-notch and on-time service requires a lot of cross-team synchronization and continuous effort of all of our team members.
Junior Technical Support Specialist, as a part of our Product division in Seven Bridges, will be working with our cross-functional team - our developers, bioinformaticians, as well as our clients, on removing obstacles and helping users troubleshoot issues, resolving them or escalating problems to the engineering teams.
Due to the nature of the job, our Support team works with offices and clients who are distributed across multiple time zones, which is why the work is organized in shifts to allow efficient and meaningful cooperation with all team members.
What you will be doing:
- Automating our solutions to work with the rest of the platform (automatization scripts in production environment, installation, and update of monitoring services for customers)
- Working on production database/microservices (e.g. making mass changes using Seven Bridges API, scripts or SQL) independently and confidently
- Taking ownership of technical issues, and working with our development team to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Independently resolving customer issues while communicating in a professional manner (debugging task failures by reading service logs or by using Kibana/Grafana/SQL)
- Analyzing customer cases and providing input to Product Managers and Development Teams for future product improvements through various reports
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams (engineering, sales, bioinformatician, etc.) in an effort to resolve issues raised by our customers
Do you have what it takes?
- A technical background and genuine interest in solving technical problems
- Intermediate knowledge of *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.)
- A solid knowledge of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB...)
- A basic understanding of REST API's
- Familiarity with the software development process
- Solid English communication skills (both verbal/written)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player mindset
If would be great if you:
- Have at least 1 + year of experience of working on this or similar positions
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together .
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.