Product Development Manager (Data Modeling, Exploration, and Integration)
Belgrade / Novi Sad / Serbia remotely /
Product – Product Development /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
We are currently looking for a Product Development Manager to team up with our engineering, design and bioinformatics teams to shape further development of the Seven Bridges platform. You will work on understanding the needs of end users dealing with clinical and omics data and downstream data analysis, and translating this understanding to product requirements.
Seven Bridges is a ‘Remote Friendly’ company. The successful candidate for this position could be remote within Serbia, or in Belgrade / Novi Sad offices.
Example of the tasks you will be working on include:
- Defining data model, harmonization, performance and scalability requirements for using existing and novel datasets on the Seven Bridges Platform
- Analyzing and defining requirements for integrations with different data providers
- Researching, investing in, and launching novel products for rapid data ingestion, exploration, filtering, and generation of cohorts, files and reports for downstream population genetic analyses
What you will be doing:
- Helping develop product features that will serve the needs of our clients while meeting overall business targets
- Taking part in all phases of our development process, starting from problem discovery through product design and specification, release, usage monitoring and feature withdrawal
- Communicating with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the product meets expectations
- Taking a proactive role in project roadmap planning, maintaining product backlog as well as working independently with our development team
- Constantly improving product usability and refining our product requirements
- Working in a fast-paced environment across regions, product areas and functional teams
- Identifying key stakeholders and fostering an open and collaborative environment to help facilitate the best possible solutions
- Working on multiple projects at once while keeping focus on key issues
Do you have what it takes?
- Strong technical background with 2+ years of experience in a Product position
- Experience in managing software projects delivered to customers as SaaS
- Familiarity with large scale clinical and omics data, both in terms of data models and technical aspects of representing a dataset (established domain vocabularies, data formats, access policies, etc.)
- A conceptual understanding of the principles and main applications of genotyping technologies and next generation sequencing (NGS), as well as population genetics bioinformatics analysis
- A strong desire to take part in all phases of the product development process
- Ability to influence and negotiate across all levels of the organization
- Excellent presentation skills, abIlity to communicate complex concepts in a concise manner and in different formats depending on the audience
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in ambiguous situations when working on cross-team efforts
- Genuine curiosity, research-mindedness and willingness to continuously learn and adopt new technologies
- You are self-driven with good organizational and time management skills
- You are a team player with the ability to seamlessly interface with development teams and leads as well as members of other departments
- Strong business acumen
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together.
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive earrings and benefits - an environment that recognizes and rewards performance and nourishes employees’ work-life balance. We are a remote work friendly company with modern offices in Belgrade and Novi Sad that provides flexible working hours, up to 25 days of PTO, fully covered maternity and sick leave, private health insurance, indoor gym, a variety of educational opportunities, as well as a diversity of team activities and initiatives to our employees.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.