Engineering – Engineering /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and building out our engineering team here in the US!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
As a member of our Architecture team, you will have the opportunity to extend our platform, build innovative tools and products, and be involved in designing new and custom solutions. You will be working on a subset of our 100+ production services and be responsible for the solution design as well as guiding the agile development teams that are driving the implementation, integration and operation of these services as they relate to core data services.
We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for scalable cloud-native distributed systems. You will help evolve the architecture and design of our platform to meet our ever-increasing scalability and performance requirements. This role is a key member of the team building the foundational analytics platform components, managing cloud-native data components and helping in designing a cost model to monitor cloud usage. You will also be working in performance re-engineering on a cloud platform and help with performance optimization of the data pipelines.
- Strong ability to work with stakeholders, including business, product, and development team members to influence the application design and extensible product platform architecture.
- Lead technical architecture initiatives that can span multiple product value streams (e.g. Agile Teams), helping to ensure successful product deliveries.
- Manage the evolution of architectural roadmaps, showing how adoption of new tools, services and managed platforms can accelerate value delivery, with an eye on paying down technical debt with minimal disruption.
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards.
- Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same.
- Lead Proof-Of-Concepts and Spike Solutions, and provide “Reference Architectures” and “Baseline Implementations” when appropriate.
- Provide architectural leadership in identification of technology partnerships
- Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are properly articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that the software & data products that are delivered meet these objectives
- Drive buy vs build evaluations, including consideration of OSS
- Experienced with various types of software architectures including Microservice architecture
- Designing data models and solutions for analytical and reporting use cases
- Loves working with best of breed technologies (Cloud, high throughput event processing, data analytics, etc.)
- Takes a disciplined approach to software development and problem solving
- Passionate about technology with a high technical aptitude
- Executing project in any Agile framework;
- 10+ years as a software developer/architect.
- Experience leading technical architecture initiatives that impact many value streams (e.g. multiple Agile/SAFe Release Trains)
- Experience and proficiency with modern languages, frameworks, and technologies such as messaging queuing infrastructures, AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure and services
- Expert in the design and development of complex systems; employs a disciplined and rigorous approachRecognized leader with technical teams, broad technical knowledge, and considered an expert in cloud infrastructure and services
- Excellent collaboration, influencing, evangelization, negotiation, coaching, mentoring, and coalition-building skills. Ability to work with persons at all levels, from the most junior person to VP levels, in all job functions (e.g. product, UX, developers, QA, DevOps).
- Cloud components, including cluster management, Kubernetes, or other containerized services, storage, and workspace management
- Spark tuning or equivalent performance re-engineering on a big data platform
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift or other cloud native DW platform
- Working with platform teams (AWS, GCP, or Azure) in resolving technical platform issues impacting big data applications
- Translating analytical problems into structured programs, including Python, PySpark or Scala
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision. Self-directed
- A great team player, with demonstrable experience delivering superior software products via agile methodologies
- Extensive Experience in Cloud (GCP, Azure or AWS)Experience/knowledge with CI/CD, GitOps
- Experience with micro-services
- Experience with distributed caching solutions; understands the factors that enable effective caching
- Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles
- A proven track record of working as part of a team on large architectural projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, employer paid health insurance, 33 days of PTO, retirement options and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance. Uncapped earnings potential, opportunity to join both as a key player in an exciting and high growth potential space, as well as a sales team early on with room for growth and expansion of responsibilities
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.