UPN VP of Clinical & Research Operations
Unified Patient Network – Clinical Operations /
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine.
We are expanding our industry-leading bioinformatics ecosystem and partnering with other industry leaders to create the Unified Patient Network (UPN) -- an unprecedented network of health systems, patients, and biopharmaceutical companies -- to leverage population-scale, whole genome-driven research and discovery to dramatically accelerate and advance precision medicine.
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
The VP of Clinical and Research Operations provides the scientific and operational expertise required to lead the execution of the complete life cycle of academic and Pharma driven clinical research studies in accordance with appropriate regulatory requirements for disease areas such as Oncology, Cardiovascular, Metabolic, and Rare Diseases in adult and pediatrics settings.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with functional (intra- and inter-) departmental groups to identify, assess and solve problems to assure program progress and timely completion of program deliverables.
- Provide input to clinical milestones and timelines and work to identify key tasks, milestones and resourcing for programs.
- Liaison between Principal Investigators and Chief Clinical & Research Operations
- Serving as a clinical director for UPN Research Operations
- Collaborate closely with the Medical, Data, and Research & Development Teams in supporting UPN’s publications and in assessment of new technologies
- Manage and establish beneficial collaborations with key opinion leaders in Oncology, Cardiovascular, Metabolic, and Rare Diseases in adult and pediatrics settings
- Responsible for vendor identification, selection, and oversight (specialty vendors, etc.)
- Comply with FDA regulations and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and SOPs and ensure appropriate training of research study teams.
- Oversee the quality and completeness of the study trial master files across programs/protocols, in compliance with GCP and audit readiness.
- Continually develop deep domain expertise in genomics from a scientific, clinical and technical standpoint and lend insights to cross-functional teams to further the development of our products and strategy.
- Experience with Regulatory Compliance, IRB activities, grants and contracts are desirable.
Do you have what it takes?
- Significant human and medical genetics training and experience, such as ABMG-certified clinical geneticist (MD or DO) or PhD clinical molecular genetics, or ABGC certified genetic counselor (MS) with both clinical and research experience. Other clinicians with strong genetics experience will be considered.
- A minimum 5 years of clinical practice and clinical research experience required
- Previous experience leading teams of clinicians and scientists in either the practice or commercial setting
- Previous experience in areas such as clinical oncology, rare disease, and cardiovascular research, molecular tumor boards, genomic testing, and precision medicine initiatives
- Previous experience with research study design and research protocol drafting
- Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
- Strong communication skills
- Innovative thinking regarding building partnerships with health systems