Scientific Engagement Manager
Science – Scientific Operations /
Seven Bridges is the industry-leading bioinformatics ecosystem provider enabling researchers to extract meaningful insights from genomic and phenotypic data in order to advance precision medicine. Our complete bioinformatics ecosystem consists of a compliant analytics platform, seamless data and automation, and expert scientific services. This holistic approach to bioinformatics is enabling researchers — at the world’s leading academic, biotechnology, government, medical centers, and pharmaceutical entities — to increase R&D efficiency, enhance the hypothesis resolution process, isolate critical biomarkers, and even turn a failing clinical trial around while also reducing computational workflow times and data storage costs. We are a global company with offices in the US, London, Serbia and more. We are roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
The Scientific Partnerships Team at Seven Bridges brings together diverse team members who possess a unique balance of technical expertise and strong interpersonal skills. We are looking for individuals who can think strategically about research and business questions, understand the scientific problems that clients need to solve, and develop strategies for maximizing the success of a solution. We are passionate about helping our clients achieve success.
As a Scientific Engagement Manager you will work closely with our clients at some of the world’s largest biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies and enable them to build biomedical data management and analysis ecosystems for their organizations using Seven Bridges products and services.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as a brand ambassador of Seven Bridges, responsible for providing a collaborative and problem-solving environment to our clients.
- Develop trusted, working relationships to ensure client success in adopting and leveraging Seven Bridges products and services.
- Predict the client’s reaction and responsiveness to new features and present solutions that will augment their specific research and business solutions.
- Opportunity to travel for conferences and client visits as needed. Currently there will be no travel due to COVID, all teams will be kept up to date as we get back to regular travel in the future.
- Present client feedback to our product teams, strongly advocating for market-driven changes to our roadmap.
- Present company and client success stories at webinars, conferences, and industry events.
Do you have what it takes?
- PhD or MS in genetics, bioinformatics, computational biology or a related discipline
- Hands-on experience with large-scale clinical and/or genomic data management (HPC or cloud computing) and/or analysis (e.g. WGS/WES, RNA-seq, single cell, joint calling, GWAS/PheWAS, etc.)
- Ability to deliver effective and compelling presentations
- Self-motivated and results-oriented approach with a flexible, "can-do" attitude
- Familiarity in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, R, Java
- Ability to effectively coordinate and multi-task across various groups and functional teams inside and outside of the organization
It would be great if you had:
- Experience in biomarker drug discovery in a pharmaceutical company and/or clinical applications of genomics.
- Experience creating and/or working within biomedical data analysis environments
- Experience in a customer facing role, solution selling, or consultancy in a related field
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following workflow description languages: CWL, WDL, Snakemake, Nextflow
- Familiarity with cloud computing services and technologies (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, 401K matching, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.