Senior Software Engineer - Front End
Newark, DE /
Responsible for solving complex technical and user-experience challenges related to the UI of SevOne's next generation product. Duties include building UI components and workflows that assist users in analyzing and exploring large data sets.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following: (% of time):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Develops features to advance our flagship product, SevOne NMS
• Architects, designs and implements solutions independently
• Attends and participates in various Engineering meetings for the team
• Documents and tests said features
• Writes automated unit, functional and integration tests as needed
• Participate in code reviews with the team
• Increases distributed nature of the product
• May provide guidance or mentoring to less senior engineers
• May function as project lead on specific product rollouts
20% Perform other duties as required or directed
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
• 5+ years of professional working experience in related area
• Extensive programming/development experience
Skills & Specialized Experience:
• Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
• Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
• Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs
• Thorough understanding with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN)
• General programming knowledge (ie.generalist with one or two strong areas)
• Linux experience
• MySQL knowledge
• Networking knowledge
• Test Driven Development
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent