Washington DC, United States /
Development, Marketing, & Communications – Washington DC - HQ /
Full Time - International
The Development, Marketing and Communications Department (DMC) represents a totally integrated approach to outreach, based on our organizational values. Raising more awareness, trust and money, DMC works to mainstream peacebuilding and positions Search for Common Ground as the leader/leading partner in transforming violent conflict into peace and stability so more people can thrive. DMC also leads the brand development and brand management efforts of the entire organization.
The Communications Team seeks to drive the growth of the organization through promoting increased awareness of Search. This includes all externally facing content, or content that is directly consumed by our stakeholders and target supporters, deploying leadership, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Maintains, advances and grows Search for Common Ground’s external communications channels.
- Creates and distributes engaging content to drive brand awareness and attract new subscribers.
- In collaboration with the Director of Communications, develops a content strategy that is aligned with the overall communications strategy.
- Deploys testing into all external communications and a process of constant improvement based on learnings from the testing.
- Handles administrative functions and tasks of the Communications Team.
- In coordination with the Director of Communications and other team members of DMC, this position is responsible for conceptualizing, writing, editing, and publishing appropriate and engaging content that sustains readers’ curiosity, creates a buzz around Search for Common Ground, and caters to a variety of audiences;
- Develops relationships and engages with media and influencers via social media;
- Researches audience preferences, and stays current with industry trends across all social platforms, ensuring maximum effectiveness that creates opportunities for stronger, and more engaging content;
- Implements Search’s email strategy to keep our supporters informed, including drafting content;
- Executes Search’s global social media accounts’ layout and the daily coordination of all global social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn;
- Plans and executes creative digital campaigns, and coordinates Search’s social media strategy across the organization;
- Coordinates live social media reports of various Search events;
- Monitors, moderates, responds to, and maintain relationships with various social media audiences (i.e. donors, partners, participants, etc.);
- In coordination with the Director, develops and provides training to colleagues on how to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial manner that supports Search’s Global Social Media policy;
- Participates in strategy development across the department, including fundraising initiatives and communications goals and objectives;
- Maintains a global social media editorial calendar, and provides regular updates on digital engagement analytics;
- Maintains www.sfcg.org on WordPress and responds to global requests to update content on the site, working with our web developers to make sure the site is updated and secure.
- Develops posting schedules, considering web traffic and engagement metrics.
- Other duties that are broadly in line with the above key contributions as assigned.
Competency Behavior Indicators (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Engages and communicates effectively across functions and across teams.
- Participates in external meetings.
- Builds relationships and engages effectively with collaborators.
- Uses resiliency and exhibits flexibility and adaptability to changing tasks and team priorities.
- With oversight by the supervisor, writes technical sections for team documents, briefing materials, and presentations.
- Works across functions from a multicultural perspective that reflects consideration of other cultures, other viewpoints, and other ways of doing things.
- Sensitively recognizes ethical situations.
- Focuses on the key objectives of a task or project.
- Creates accurate, organized, and timely work.
- Is resourceful with time management and technology to prioritize tasks with limited supervision.
Type and Nature of Contacts
- Interacts with others and handles problem situations with tact. Periodic external engagement as requested.
- Typically BS/BA with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Usual office environment conditions; ability to travel internationally at least 20%.
Education and Experience
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Supervisory and Budget Responsibility
Search is an equal employment employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Les descriptifs de pouvant ne pouvant être exhaustifs, le titulaire du poste pourra être amené à entreprendre d'autres tâches qui correspondent globalement aux responsabilités clés ci-dessus.
Seuls les candidats invités à un entretien seront contactés. Pas d'appels téléphoniques s'il vous plaît. Veuillez consulter notre site Web www.sfcg.org pour tous les détails de notre mission.
Tous les employés de Search doivent adhérer aux valeurs de Search : Collaboration- Audace - Ténacité - Empathie - Résultats. Conformément à ces valeurs, Search fait respecter le code de conduite et les politiques connexes sur la lutte contre le harcèlement au travail, la protection contre l'exploitation et les abus, la protection des enfants, les conflits d'intérêts et la lutte contre la fraude. Search s'engage à préserver les intérêts, les droits et le bien-être des enfants, des jeunes et des adultes vulnérables avec lesquels elle est en contact et à mener ses programmes et ses opérations d'une manière qui soit sûre pour les enfants, les jeunes et les adultes vulnérables.
Search for Common Ground ne fait pas et ne doit pas faire de discrimination fondée sur la race, la couleur, la religion (croyance), le sexe, l'expression de genre, l'âge, l'origine nationale (ascendance), le handicap, l'état matrimonial, l'orientation sexuelle ou le statut militaire, dans aucune de ses activités ou opérations.
Consultez notre code de conduite ici et notre politique de confidentialité ici.