Development, Marketing, & Communications – Middle East and North Africa /
Consultant - International
Purpose of the Consultancy
This consultancy will support Search for Common Ground’s Middle East and North Africa / Asia teams to champion and write full project proposals.
Statement of Work
1. Support the writing process for one proposal
2. Adhere to a proposal task tracker and calendar and deliver sections according to an agreed upon schedule
3. Liaise with Search business development staff and in-country staff for inputs, feedback and deliverables
4. Incorporate inputs from various review processes into proposal sections
5. Support in the drafting of M&E sections, including logframes based on agreed upon project logic
6. Provide support on a variety of proposal sections, including but not limited to: contexts and methodologies, budget narratives and key personnel.
7. Coordinate with other section writers, interns and the MENA/Asia business development team, and contribute to strict adherence to proposal timelines
Deliverables & Payment Schedule
The following deliverables and payment structure are expected from this consultancy: Full payment upon completion and successful submission of a proposal.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Advanced university degree in education, international development, social sciences, peacebuilding, or other related technical field.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at national or international level on peacebuilding programs.
- Strong technical expertise in writing and editing in English.
- Ability to understand and process complex ideas into concise language
- Good knowledge of peacebuilding methodologies and approaches.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work as part of a writing team
- Proven expertise delivering according to agreed upon schedules
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office or other similar software.
Deadline for applications: February 28, 2021.
1) A technical proposal (1 page) which outlines the consultant’s approach and experience in proposal writing
3) Financial proposal with a daily rate inclusive of all fees and estimated number of days for writing one full project proposal.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity - Tenacity - Empathy - Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.