Social Media Lead, Executive Communications
Remote or Hybrid /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for a Social Media Lead to support our executive communications team and craft social media content for our senior leaders. A successful Social Media Lead will be an effective writer who is strong in drafting copy, creating reels, and managing a social calendar.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker who is passionate about social media and an avid consumer of it, as well as being a keen observer of the latest trends. If you are a team player and thrive on new challenges in a high-expectation environment and you share our passion for creating a more equal world, we’d love to talk to you.
Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely (on PDT hours) through December 2022. Long term we're planning to operate as a hybrid team, with some team members working in-person and some working remotely, depending on the nature of their role, their leadership responsibilities, and the composition of their team. For people who work in-person, we'll maintain our standard schedule of three in-office and two work-from-home days.
- Drafts social media posts for our senior leaders across platforms
- Conducts research for social posts – including trending news and data
- Works with the design team to create polished graphics for social
- Understands social media metrics per platform and monitors and analyzes results as well as incorporates learnings into the content strategy
- Stays on top of stories and issues that impact women – and proactively proposes opportunities to weigh in with a strong point of view
- Works on other communications and writing projects as needed
- 4+ years of experience working in communications with senior executives
- Strong writing skills with the ability to craft thoughtful, inclusive, and well-crafted communications
- Love of social media – avid personal user
- Track record of responding to timely moments with a point of view
- Highly organized and process-oriented with meticulous attention to detail
- Desire to innovate and stay on top of new trends in social media
- Fast learner with the ability to adapt quickly and juggle multiple competing priorities while moving projects forward in a timely fashion
- Capability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed environment in which cross-functional feedback and review are critical for project development and outcomes
- Experience with Google Office and Microsoft Office
- Passion for the missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- A strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
Desired Candidate Location
- We prefer that the person in this role is based out of the Bay Area and works a hybrid schedule, with 2-3 days in our Palo Alto office. We are also open to candidates who are located outside of the Bay Area who want to work remotely and are available to consistently work PDT hours
- Some travel might be required
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all identities and backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all identities and backgrounds to apply.