Senior Research Program Manager (Remote or Hybrid)
Programs & Content /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
Our original research team is responsible for conducting research on topics and themes relevant to women at work, including our annual Women in the Workplace report. They also conduct research to better understand the needs of our community and the impact of our work. This means working with a team of researchers, partners, designers, and cross-functional stakeholders to support our ongoing research efforts and launch new reports/thought leadership.
We are looking for a Research Program Manager to oversee the organization’s original research team and efforts. The ideal candidate has 5-7 years of experience in program/project management in a research setting. If you thrive off of new challenges, know how to drive teams to alignment, and love to guide complex research projects from start to finish, we can’t wait to meet you.
Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely (on PDT hours) through August 2022. Long term we're planning to operate as a hybrid team, with some team members working in-person and some working remotely, depending on the nature of their role, their leadership responsibilities, and the composition of their team. For people who work in person, we'll maintain our standard schedule of three in-office and two work-from-home days.
- Lead the organization's original research team, owning project plans, timelines and partnerships
- Define project scope and objectives for all original research conducted within the organization and align with leadership and cross-functional teams on both
- Guide complex research projects from start to finish and provide project updates on a consistent basis to various internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that the work produced by the original research team is consistently intersectional in its approach and outcomes, and meets a high bar
- Own, grow, and expand relationships with external partners that we conduct research with, and effectively represent the organization and the research team’s interests
- Manage a team of approximately 3 researchers and project managers, and effectively prioritize multiple projects
- Learn, follow through, and improve upon foundation processes to set the team up for success
- 5-7 years experience, including 2+ years experience with program management in a research setting, 2+ years of experience engaging with quantitative research or qualitative research (gender or diversity-based research a plus), and 2+ years of building and managing teams with researchers and writers of different levels of seniority
- A strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting traditionally marginalized voices
- Effective communication skills and experience understanding and communicating research findings to cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Understanding of survey methodology and outcomes and advanced ability to inform survey questions and engage with data
- Deep experience managing projects end to end, taking them from a blank sheet of paper to a final product while meeting the highest quality standards
- Excellent program management skills, with the ability to lead multiple time-sensitive projects on deadline; highly organized and process-driven
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Demonstrated understanding of how to drive toward more intersectional and inclusive approaches in work products and outcomes
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
- Remote experience a plus
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all identities and backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all identities and backgrounds to apply.