Marketing Copywriter (Remote or Hybrid)
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives, LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative copywriter who will play an important part in our growth. This writer will lead the charge to promote our programs and services to consumers and companies through the written word. Your communication will motivate our audience to act and engage with us.
Our ideal candidate is gifted with words working across all channels, including PPC, paid social, websites, and email. Your passion is taking a concept and serving it up twenty different ways, across a range of direct response tactics. As a communication pro, you know what works—and what doesn’t. You know how to solve a business problem with pithy, focused communications.
You must be able to approach projects from a user-centric perspective, without losing sight of business goals. You are always focused on solutions that succeed from both vantage points.
This position is a key member of the marketing team and will work cross-functionally with consumer marketing, B2B marketing, growth marketing, product management, social media, and creative services. If you are a resourceful self-starter that thrives on the opportunity to do great work and make a difference in the world, we'd love to meet you!
Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely (on PDT hours) through August 2022. Long term we're planning to operate as a hybrid team, with some team members working in-person and some working remotely, depending on the nature of their role, their leadership responsibilities, and the composition of their team. For people who work in-person, we'll maintain our standard schedule of three in-office and two work-from-home days.
- Write and edit primarily copy for marketing across paid, owned, and earned channels. Typical projects include landing pages, SEO/SEM, paid social, emails, blogs, video scripts, sell sheets, etc.
- Help create campaign concepts with creative services, brand, and product marketers to support initiatives to grow lead generation, acquisition & engagement, new program launches, and integrated campaigns.
- Build relationships with partners and stakeholders to understand our mission, programs, audiences, and customer journeys.
- Establish messaging frameworks to support consistent communications. Maintain an up-to-date messaging repository where teams can view current messages we are using across the business.
- Ensure our communications are Inclusive and effective with culturally diverse audiences.
- Ensure our brand speaks in a consistent voice/tone across touchpoints.
- Proof and edit peer copy and other company documentation.
- Ensure SGFF is implementing documented best practices at every touchpoint.
- 5-7 years of marketing copywriting experience (agency and/or in-house teams).
- Experience writing for B2B and B2C audiences. Industry experience such as e-commerce, D2C, software, tech, consumer/business services, etc.
- Has already thought of five ways this job description could be better.
- Proven digital experience supporting websites, social media, PPC, blogs, etc.
- Strong short-form writing skills, but able to pivot to long-form as needed.
- Experience creating inclusive, culturally aware marketing campaigns that speak to diverse audiences.
- Impeccable command of the written word, including spelling, vocabulary, and grammar.
- Strong understanding of SEO and its impact on organic and paid search acquisition.
- Self-starter; works well independently and on cross-functional teams.
- Strong presentation skills: the ability to pitch ideas and present work to colleagues and senior leadership.
- Comfortable with data and analytics (e.g, GA). You interpret relevant metrics and use them to inform content decisions.
- Ad agency experience is a big plus!
- Please submit a portfolio that shows off prior work (provide samples with your application or a link to your portfolio).
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all identities and backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all identities and backgrounds to apply.