Director of Creative Design
Palo Alto, CA /
We are looking for a Creative Design Director to join our growing team and bring our brand to life in memorable ways. Our ideal candidate has a well-rounded design background with experience taking projects from concept ideation to implementation. This role helps get our work – spanning programs, training, and research for consumers and companies – worldwide.
Our work is diverse; this leader will work on educational materials, marketing campaigns, landing pages and digital experiences, research reports, video, social and content marketing, and branding. As our creative leader, you will solve essential problems through our brand, voice, and visual language. You will leverage your entrepreneurial leadership and systems-level problem-solving experience to deliver our brand consistently across projects, from concept ideation to implementation.
You are a skilled designer, human-centered in your approach, and an empathetic leader that has built creatively vibrant team cultures where individuals feel safe taking risks and challenging themselves and their teammates. You'll help us better understand the people we aim to serve through our work, spanning programs, training, and research, and the changes we can make to have a significant and lasting impact.
Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely (on PDT hours) through August 2022. Long term we're planning to operate as a hybrid team, with some team members working in-person and some working remotely, depending on the nature of their role, their leadership responsibilities, and the composition of their team. For people who work in-person, we'll maintain our standard schedule of three in-office and two work-from-home days.
- Lead a small team in the creative strategy, ideation, and execution of brand, marketing, and program initiatives. Guide/collaborate on the team's day-to-day work, giving them constructive feedback and coaching to elevate their work and present design to stakeholders.
- Provide creative direction to ensure a cohesive, polished, and integrated visual identity and voice across our work and owned channels (i.e, website, social media, and digital content).
- Manage and own any moments to improve the creative process, workflow, and capacity to deliver projects.
- Proactively identify opportunities for ongoing organizational improvements (i.e., process, tools, training).
- Be a shoulder-to-shoulder leader and coach who can roll up your sleeves to ideate, design, and art direction while guiding the team to deliver great work. When necessary, embrace creative conflict and transform problems into additive solutions.
- Provide leadership, training, and knowledge in all online and digital experiences.
- Direct and collaborate with in-house and external designers, video producers, photographers,& web developers, guiding them from conception to the final product.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization in creating and launching new programs and strategic initiatives. Provide thought leadership and design thinking skills to help solve business challenges.
- Nurture a portfolio of reliable vendors (e.g., design, video, etc.) to expand necessary capacity and skills.
- 8+ years of experience in brand, web, and digital environments. 3+ years of management experience.
- Passion for the missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
- Digital and content creative design skills in website, email, paid ads, social media, motion, and video work.
- A skilled designer who can turn creative briefs into compelling, on-brand innovative concepts.
- Knowledge of UX/UI design skills and useability testing.
- Ability to direct video production agencies and other outside collaborators.
- Expertise in all creative tools (Adobe Suite, Figma, etc.).
- Experience creating inclusive, culturally aware creative that speaks to diverse audiences.
- Previous managerial experience; you enjoy developing the careers of those on your team and around you.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and setting up creative functions from scratch.
- Multi-tasker who can manage a range of projects with minimal oversight.
- Experience working in a lean, entrepreneurial environment.
- Availability to work PDT hours.
- Agency and in-house experience, app design, eCommerce experience
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all identities and backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all identities and backgrounds to apply.