Chief of Staff to the CEO
Palo Alto, CA /
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: LeanIn.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff for our co-founder and CEO. In this role, you’ll collaborate with key team members – including an executive writer, her EA and project leads – to make sure she has what she needs to contribute effectively to cross-functional projects and represent the organization successfully at events, when speaking to the media, and in external meetings. In addition, you will run point on CEO-led research and special projects and serve as the project manager of the Lean In podcast, Tilted. The ideal candidate has four to six years of experience in consulting and/or business operations and enjoys tackling new challenges. This position is full-time and ideally based out of our office in Palo Alto, CA; however due to COVID-19, the entire team is working remotely until June 2022.
- Coordinate with project leads to ensure CEO/team alignment on large-scale initiatives
- Compile and edit research-based briefing materials for key meetings, projects and thought leadership
- Work on special projects with the CEO (e.g., building a business case to inform decisions to pursue potential new projects)
- Work with CEO and org leadership to help teams work together more effectively through better processes and documentation (e.g., working cross-functionally to develop a more robust template for project briefs)
- Draft business communications on behalf of the CEO
- Serve as people manager to the Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Project manage our org-wide metrics process
- Track record of excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively surface key information to CEO and project stakeholders and “connect dots” in a clear, concise manner
- Experience juggling many tasks under tight timelines and shifting priorities as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to adapt voice to meet that of the foundation and CEO
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Experience working directly with senior executives and ability to actively manage-up
- Bias towards action and keeping processes simple
- Team management experience a plus
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Personal commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for age, race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all identities and backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all identities and backgrounds to apply.