Copywriter (Remote - Canada)
Montreal, QC /
Join our small, fiery team on our mission to create open access to building wealth.
Shakepay is one of the fastest growing startups in Canada. We've grown 10x in the last year. We have 600k customers. We're building something really special. We need true believers to join our team. We're looking for ambitious professionals with a thirst for knowledge that are interested in working with the most exciting financial innovation ever created: Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is important because it enables wealth to be stored with a person without need for a third party. Its fundamental use-case as a store of value with a predictable monetary policy is having profound implications on freeing people into financial sovereignty.
We are entering a new age for financial services. Legacy banking products are built on lacklustre and lazy workmanship while new experiences are crafted with heart and care.
You will help lead how we communicate with our customers across every touch point, from targeted in-app messages to email announcements that go to 600k customers.
You must have some knowledge of Bitcoin for this position. If you don't right now, a few hours on YouTube will give you the basics for a conversation with the team.
- Lead the Shakepay voice across every touch point, ensuring that we’re putting our best foot forward with every customer interaction from a copy perspective
- Understand Shakepay’s core mission and help articulate that mission to customers that are new to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency
- Work collaboratively across the organization with team members in Growth, Operations, User Acquisition, and Design
- Craft clear messaging and consistent brand messaging
- Previous copywriting experience, either agency or in-house, or other relevant experience
- Mastery of writing for multiple formats and customer archetypes
- Knowledge of email marketing
- Excellent leadership skills and vision
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Be a critical thinker and open to feedback
Nice to have:
- Previous experience playing a leading role in defining the voice of a brand
- Fully bilingual, English and French
- UX writing experience
- Previous experience in a startup
- Entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial minded
- Knowledgeable in cryptocurrencies and trading/investment
What you get:
- Potentially life-changing stock options: we believe everyone at Shakepay should have the financial upside for building a generational company
- Remote-friendly work environment: work from anywhere in Canada. If you're in Montreal, you can work from the office
- Generous vacation time: we think time off is essential, and highly encourage it
- Personal development: we're here to help you define and hit your personal career goals so that you can get where you want to be
- Continued learning: every Shaker gets a yearly budget to spend on learning
- Employer-covered group insurance: health, dental, paramedical, disability and travel coverage to ensure you're at your best
- Get paid in Bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known
- A collaborative and friendly team: we succeed together and we have fun doing it
- MacBook: company-issued laptop to make sure you're doing your best work
- Equipment stipend: every Shaker receives a stipend to use toward setting up their home office
If you don't meet all the requirements but believe you would be a great fit for this role then give us your pitch and tell us why.
Shakepay helps Canadians buy and sell bitcoin and pay their friends. We offer web and mobile apps that make it easy for Canadians to buy bitcoin in minutes with Interac e-Transfer. Shakepay is the fastest-growing bitcoin platform in Canada.
At Shakepay we're committed to promoting and celebrating diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from everyone, regardless of background and life experience. If you want to be a part of something momentous then we're excited to hear from you.
Please note that while all of our roles are remote, we are a Canadian company and will not be sponsoring visas for this position. You must be eligible to work in Canada to be selected.