Paraprofessional (Registered Behavior Technician)
ABA – BT/RBT /
Calling all heroes! If you're searching for an opportunity to where you can grow your career while making a meaningful impact on families and children in your community?! LOOK NO FURTHER - The Shandy Clinic is the team for YOU!
The Shandy Clinic is a privately owned outpatient team that has been serving families for over 16 years. Our culture is built on our multidisciplinary, child-centered, and deeply collaborative approach, with a mission to help every child reach their full potential.
Each morning, we rise with a singular mission — to be the guiding light that helps every child and family in our community. How do we achieve this remarkable feat? By delivering top-tier therapy and unwavering support to every individual who comes into our clinics. With a multidisciplinary approach, our team navigates alongside each family towards greater levels of independence, self-assuredness, and an enhanced quality of life for our clients.
Our team makes us who we are, and our team sets us apart. We know that the best team drives the best outcomes, and are committed to building a high-quality team and are looking for Behavior Technicians to join us in our mission!
TRAINING FOR THE Aurora CLINIC WILL TAKE PLACE IN COLORADO SPRINGS - TEAMMATES WILL BE REIMBURSED FOR MILEAGE.
The RBT opportunity not only allows you to gain skills and find growth in your professional career, but it also gives you the chance to enact meaningful change in the families you work with. Check out a day in the life of a Shandy Clinic RBT HERE!
- $18.50 - $24 - RBTs
- $17.50 - $18.50 - Non-registered BT
- May be eligible for periodic bonuses
What Sets Shandy Apart?
- Our Shandy culture and extraordinary team: A supportive and collaborative team environment where each person’s strengths are valued.
- Guaranteed hours benefit minimum* of 30 hours paid per week for RBTs: All full-time Team Members receive 30-40 hours per week, regardless of client cancellations (*based on work attendance and performance).
- Snow day pay: enjoy consistency during the winter months! All scheduled hours will be paid during snow days!
- In-clinic BCBA®s: Constant line of communication with your team and supervising BCBA®.
- Paid training opportunity: We support, and pay for, your path to becoming a Registered Behavior Technician.
- Tuition assistance program: We invest in YOU! After 1-year, receive up to $1,000 for up to 9 semesters toward your education.
Teammates at The Shandy Clinic will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Inclusive Medical Insurance (full-time teammates)
- Vacation + Sick Leave
- SIX GUARANTEED Paid Holidays
- Growth Opportunities
- 401K with company match after 1 year
Responsibilities of an RBT:
- Day-to-day, RBTs implement individualized ABA programming designed and supervised by Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA®s). Programming focuses on teaching children new skills while simultaneously working on reducing problem behaviors that may serve as a barrier to learning.
- Implement behavior intervention plans directly with clients including but not limited to using visual supports, giving instructions, and delivering positive and negative reinforcement. Behavior intervention plans can include chasing eloping children, blocking physical aggression, and clearing the room of items during clients’ behaviors.
- Teach skills using discrete trial teaching and natural environment teaching. Using these teaching methods may require getting down on the floor with clients repeatedly to speak to them on their level or to embed teaching in play.
- Collect data using a tablet device on client behaviors while implementing direct therapy
- Write session notes using a tablet device on client's progress while implementing direct therapy
- Provide exceptional clinical services to clients and their families, to ensure optimal progress.
- Demonstrate high treatment integrity across all programming implementations, including both skill acquisition and behavior reduction programs.
- Focus on collaboration and communication with ABA team members and other Interdisciplinary service providers, to ensure the mastery, generalization, and maintenance of skills.
- Respond appropriately to feedback as indicated in the RBT competency assessment and apply feedback in a timely manner to continually provide exceptional services to clients.
- Demonstrate effective communication and professional interpersonal skills to facilitate effective therapeutic rapport with families and a team-oriented model with other service providers and team members.
- Complete all clinical documentation correctly and in a timely manner to facilitate effective client care.
- Conduct skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments under the supervision of the BCBA®.
- Collaborate with treatment team including client, parents and caregivers, outside professionals, BCBA®, Lead Behavior Technicians, ABA Interns, and co-workers.
- Maintain and acquire technical knowledge by attending required training.
- Crisis Management training (e.g., Safety Care) certification or willingness to obtain.
What Will You Need For This Role:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or a related field such as Education or Speech Therapy is preferred
- RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) certification is preferred but not required
- Kneeling on the ground
- Performing squatting maneuvers
- Transitioning between standing and floor-level positions
- Engaging in bending or stooping motions
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Executing lateral and backward pivots or shuffles
- Running distances up to 100ft
- Standing for at least 15 minutes
When would you be at work?
- Monday - Friday availability (Friday availability required, scheduling variable)
- 30-40 hours per week (Guaranteed minimum of 30 hours once RBT certification is obtained)
If you want to help change the trajectory of a child's life, apply today. We are hiring right NOW. Joe Ancona, our Hiring Manager, will reach out shortly after you apply.