Software Lead : Web
San Francisco, CA /
Founded in 2012 and based in San Francisco, Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin. We’re looking for a talented software lead to join Shaper’s web team to continue the design and development of our products and services.
As a software lead you will closely work with Product, Design, Marketing and engineering to design, scope and implement features and services for our product roadmap. As a member of the Web team you will be expected to actively contribute code and take a lead in ensuring projects are appropriately planned, scoped and delivered to schedule.
This role is within the web team which is responsible for the development of core services that are utilized throughout the business including hardware products such as Origin as well as digital services such as ShaperHub and ecommerce related web sites.
In this role you will be part of a small development team where you will have the opportunity to influence the technical direction of our solutions and be actively involved in the implementation. You should feel comfortable being able to think through high level solutions during planning and then able to drive the implementation through your code contribution. As a small team you will also have the opportunity to directly mentor others and help advance engineering knowledge at Shaper.
This role is located at our HQ in San Francisco, California. In this role you will interface with both local and remote developers and so some experience with remote working is beneficial.
If you’re passionate about creating engaging products and services and want to work with an interdisciplinary team to build the future then we want to hear from you.
- Work with product, design & marketing teams to design, plan and execute features for Shapers products and services.
- Maintain an overall understanding of Shaper’s web systems and services
- Provide technical leadership and and guidance to junior members of the team
- Be the primary owner of critical code bases
- Have 5+ years of experience working on web based products in a production environment
- Have knowledge across the stack from backend services and dev-ops to front end development in frameworks such as React & Vue
- Can write clean, precise code and keep it well documented.
- Ability to break down requirements and architect appropriate solutions
- A solid understanding of best practices for software development including testing, monitoring, and design
- Desire to go beyond the functional solution to build maintainable and well tested code
- Comfortable being the point person for critical systems and services
- Experience overseeing infrastructure on AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with products operating in multi region/language environments
- Experience working with hardware and software products
- Have an interest in woodworking and making with your hands!
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k plan with percentage match
- Commuter benefits
- Access to a fully stocked workshop to make whatever you like!