San Francisco, CA /
Founded in 2012 and based in San Francisco, Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin. We’re looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to help us create a new web-based app that supports Origin and extends Shaper’s eco-system of products.
About this role:
This is an opportunity to work on a new product initiative with a focus on mobile first UI/UX. You will work cross-functionally with Product Management and Engineering to solve complex and nuanced problems with simple solutions. You’ll help us concept and build new features which are designed to integrate with, compliment, and support those which run natively on Origin. You’ll work with the team to solve challenges that new Origin owners face and set them up for long term success via a new companion product.
Where you’ll work:
You’ll join our team in our new workspace in San Francisco's SoMa district. You’ll have access to our 5000 square foot workshop which is fully kitted out with all the woodworking machinery you could ever wish for (including Origin).
What We're Looking For:
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates experience designing the user interface and underlying user experiences of a mobile first experience (web and/or app) that has shipped
- At least 2+ years of UI/UX Design experience
- A knowledge of design patterns that exist on various platforms and an understanding of when to use what
- A passion for iteration and ideation! You are eager to put pen to paper and sketch / wireframe a wide variety of early concepts
- The ability to create and design user interfaces, wireframes, user experience flows, and low-fi / high-fi prototypes
- Excellent communication skills. You’re comfortable presenting to both stakeholders and team members
- Experience working closely with engineers throughout to ensure accurate, high quality feature implementation
- A passion for user research. You constantly inform your design decisions with real user insights
- High levels of proficiency in Figma and interactive prototyping tools like Framer and/or Principle
- An interest in mixed-reality (AR/VR) and how that could intersect with fabrication