San Francisco, CA /
Founded in 2012 and based in San Francisco, Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin. We’re looking for a Visual / UX Designer to evolve how we present our products and services to customers and help us reach new audiences in North America and Europe.
About the Role:
You'll be responsible for teaming up with the Head of Marketing to produce stand-out creative for our marketing website, campaigns, and advertising initiatives that span digital and print. You’ll help us bring clarity to the Shaper brand and our product/service offerings with well crafted visual communication and considered user experience design.
Where you’ll work:
You’ll join our team in our new workspace in San Francisco's SoMa district. You’ll have access to our 5000 square foot workshop which is fully kitted out with all the woodworking machinery you could ever wish for (including Origin).
What We're Looking For:
- A stunning portfolio which demonstrates your design skills across digital and print mediums
- 3+ years of experience working with a B2C and/or B2B e-commerce brand which is marketing hardware products
- Exceptional attention to detail. You are a master of typography, composition, imagery, iconography, and color
- Experience working quickly and efficiently in a fast paced startup environment. You have a bias toward action and execution
- A passion for scaling design and brand consistency by evolving our design system and style guides
- An understanding of qualitative and quantitative user data and A/B testing
- Excellent communication skills. You’re comfortable presenting to both stakeholders and team members
- An ability to coordinate and facilitate photo and video shoots and craft beautiful content
- High levels of proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma and After Effects
Projects The Team Has Worked On:
- Workstation Product Page which showcases the benefits of our latest workholding accessory for Origin
- Origin Specification Page which provides technical information about Origin related to its features, size, and in-box accessories (this is a sub page of the Origin product page)
- Main Navigation for our marketing website which features a hover state on desktop to aid new customer discovery
- Welcome to Shaper email which is sent out shortly after a customer purchases Origin to welcome them into the Shaper family and direct them onto useful resources
- Print Advert which was recently distributed in a magazine for professional tradespeople in Europe