San Francisco, CA /
Administration – Finance /
Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin.
We’re looking for an Accountant to become a key player in our finance team as we scale our international business. As an Accountant focusing on our core operational processes, you’ll be the backbone of our finance department. You’ll ensure accurate, complete, and timely financial information, based on which decisions can be made with confidence.
Shaper is a growing company and as part of your role you would be expected to facilitate that growth by communicating ideas to improve our processes based on your day-to-day insights to establish a streamlined and reliable finance function from which the organization benefits.
It is our long-term goal to establish finance as a true business partner within the organization, so if you’re passionate about that mission to build up a finance function that makes a difference then we want you to join our team as an Accountant
- Ensure that our reported numbers are accurate and complete
- Own all of our A/R processes end-to-end, from credit card & Amazon payments incl. reconciliation to invoicing our dealer network and allocate payments
- Be the key player for A/P by diligently managing our inbox and assure proper invoice entry. Make sure outstanding bills get approved.
- Manage fixed assets in our separate system and make sure that depreciation runs are posted and systems reconcile
- Support the month-end close by preparing journal entries with respective documentation, taking care of prepaid and accrued expenses, and other closing-related entries
- Own our travel expense accounting and make sure that all receipts and entries are made
- Support payroll accounting, financial audits, and various other recurring tasks as well as engage in projects to improve our accounting function
- Have 2+ years of experience in an accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent field
- Being highly organized with a good attention to detail
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
- Good experience with financial reporting and US-GAAP accounting
- Ability to work independently and be eager to tackle the challenges ahead
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Have good verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Have a love for creating sawdust and building great woodworking projects
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, BILL, Expensify, and Precoro
- You’ve started working on your CPA or other advanced degrees
- Startup or tech experience or other fast-paced environment
- You like building things with your hands
- Flexible vacation
- Generous coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k plan with percentage match
- Pre-tax commuter benefit program
- Access to a fully stocked workshop to make whatever you like!
- Base: $85k to $120k
- Range is base pay range and does not include potential annual performance bonus nor benefit value
- Total comp may be higher or lower depending on experience level and location (if remote)
Although we do our best to list everything we are looking for in a candidate, we are very likely missing skills and/or attributes that could make you a great fit for the role. Research has shown that women and other marginalized groups are less likely to apply if they don’t clearly meet every requirement. This means we both might miss out on a great opportunity—it never hurts to take a chance and apply today.