Full Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin. We’re looking for a skilled full stack software engineer with strong front-end experience to join our web team to develop, maintain and launch our marketing and e-commerce sites at shapertools.com.
Shaper has recently expanded into Europe and with this we are looking to grow our shapertools.com marketing site and ensure we are best placed to serve an international audience. We are rebuilding our current site using the latest technologies including React, Redux, Node.js and a headless CMS and are looking for a talented developer to join us.
As a full stack engineer focusing on the marketing sites, you’ll be the primary owner of the associated code bases and be expected to work with our design and marketing teams to grow the site’s content and capabilities as required.
Shaper uses a variety of technologies and as part of your role you would be expected to continue to update our technology stack and move to our latest tech stack (React, Redux, Styled Components).
In addition to building static web content you will be expected to work on new interactive content and user flows that better connect us with our customers. You should have a passion for creating experiences that delight users and have a good eye towards creating pixel perfect experiences.
If you’re passionate about creating memorable web experiences and want to work with an interdisciplinary team to build the future of making then we want you to join our team as a Full Stack software engineer.
- Work with product, marketing and design teams to implement exceptional front-end experiences.
- Prototype and build new services and sites that support the sales and marketing of our products and services.
- Maintain the backend of our marketing site, keeping everything running smoothly in Node.js.
- Work with our fulfillment and accounting team to ensure online sale workflows are as smooth as possible.
- Measure, analyse, experiment and iterate on our marketing site to provide the best customer experience for our users.
- Write unit & integration tests to ensure high code quality.
- Document your code and keep it organized and manageable.
- Be the primary owner of associated marketing code bases.
- Have at least 3 years of experience deploying websites in a production environment.
- Experience with front end development using frameworks such as React, Vue, etc
- Have experience working in Node.js.
- Have worked with and designed RESTful APIs.
- Have a passion for creating flawless front-end experiences with modern CSS.
- Can write clear code and keep it well documented.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Have a love for creating sawdust and building great woodworking projects.
- Experience with Shopify and other ecommerce platforms.
- Have built sites for international/multi language environments.
- You like building things with your hands
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k plan with percentage match
- Commuter benefits
- Access to a fully stocked workshop to make whatever you like!