Product Designer, Mobile
San Francisco, CA
Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin.
Shaper is looking for an experienced Product Designer to help shape, design and test bold new ideas in the world of woodworking and power tools.
This is a 3-6 month opportunity based out of our San Francisco HQ. We ask that designers join us full-time in the office as we work in highly collaborative project teams. Project may include travel for design research and field testing.
- Work closely with the product and engineering leads to contribute to overall product strategy and direction
- Lead key user and market research questions and methodologies and communicate findings to a cross-functional team
- Drive an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism of users and partners
- Take your designs beyond wireframes into high-fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes, some of which will be implemented by developers
- Work closely with engineering to ensure high-quality implementation of features and interactions
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates experience designing the UX/UI of a mobile app that has shipped
- 4+ years of product design and prototyping experience at varying levels of fidelity from sketches through wireframes and visual mockups.
- A desire to take ownership of the whole design process from concept-ing to shipping assets
- Fluency in digital design tools such as Sketch and/or Figma as well as interactive prototyping tools such as Principle, After Effects, and Invision
- An understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and UIKit, Google’s Material Design, and general mobile design patterns
- You like building things and have experience with digital fabrication tools
- You are interested in AR experiences