Software Engineer, Backend
San Francisco, CA
Shaper is developing an ecosystem of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin and a project platform called ShaperHub. We're looking for a skilled Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You'll work on the core services that connect our product ecosystem and enable a dramatically new way of working with tools.
- Maintain and improve our existing APIs that enable Origin and ShaperHub.
- Work with other teams to architect, plan, and develop new APIs and services that will power ShaperHub, Shaper Origin, and future products.
- Document your code and keep it organized and manageable.
- Perform estimates and work breakdowns from design specifications.
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure high quality.
- Have a minimum 5 years experience.
- Have experience building and scaling APIs to support a large user base.
- Have experience maintaining backwards compatible APIs as data requirements change and grow.
- Understand the nuances of database storage, particularly the performance considerations of different approaches.
- Have experience prioritizing security and privacy across distributed systems.
- Are skilled at problem solving and debugging.
- You have experience with AWS.
- You have experience with containerized infrastructure, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- You have experience with Golang or C++.
- You like building things with your hands.