Web Software Engineer - Intern
San Francisco, CA
Shaper is developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, starting with a handheld CNC router called Origin. We're looking for a savvy Web Software intern to join us for 10-12 weeks over Summer 2019 at our San Francisco HQ.
You’ll work with Shaper’s web developers on a variety of projects including Shaper’s core web services that support our tools and online services such as ShaperHub. You’ll also get a chance to work on prototyping new services, products, and much more!
At Shaper, interns are given real deliverables that impact our current and future products - all interns are expected to contribute to our company’s success in the same way we expect our full-time employees to.
- Work with our front end web development team
- Work on new and existing features for online services such as ShaperHub
- Design and prototype potential new web products
- Love to build software for the web and pick up new systems quickly
- Are passionate about responsive and scalable web applications
- Have a working knowledge of Git or other version control systems
- Know HTML & CSS inside and out
- Are good at problem solving and debugging
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Are excited to explore an entirely new field and develop products that real users will depend on!
- You’ve worked with modern front-end frameworks (such as React, Vue, Angular, Backbone)
- You’ve deployed software to cloud infrastructure for real world projects
- You’re comfortable with Node
- You’ve used databases technologies (such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- You love to build things (especially using wood!)
Sharing a portfolio/website that reflects your web work or projects is required.