San Francisco, CA /
Shaper is designing power tools from the future, and we need your help! We're looking for a full time Facilities Manager that is ready to take on anything and everything. The position will be a constantly evolving mix of tasks and projects to support our daily operations as well as long term goals. This is a hands-on, in-person (not remote!) role. We are based in SOMA, San Francisco with a humming product development studio and a fully functional workshop. Learn more at shapertools.com.
- Maintaining and managing a 13,000 square foot facility with an outdoor courtyard.
- Supporting the Operations Manager and Office Manager with both daily upkeep tasks and longer term special project assignments.
- Sourcing, vetting and managing external service vendors (e.g. cleaning services) and contractors (e.g. electricians, plumbers, fabricators).
- Managing building improvement projects with a high level of detail.
- Inventory tracking and management.
- Shipping and receiving parcels and freight, including international shipments.
- Managing office supplies and consumables.
- Keeping restroom and kitchen facilities stocked and in order.
- Regular communication and coordination with building management.
- Jumping in to fill gaps or take up slack wherever necessary.
- 3+ years experience in office or facilities management required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Intimate knowledge of building maintenance.
- Experience with handiwork or light construction/carpentry preferred.
- Eager to jump in and get your hands dirty.
- Enjoy problem-solving as well as supporting daily operations for a growing hardware technology company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, think strategically, and work creatively.
- Comfortable prioritizing and coordinating multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Ability to start projects and see them through to completion.
- Patient and collaborative team player.
- Familiarity with building security, fire alarm, HVAC and other systems.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Experience is important, but attitude and aptitude to learn and adjust are just as important for success in this role.
- Deep ‘rolodex’ of local contractors, tradespeople, fabricators, craftspeople.
- Experience in woodworking or fabrication is a major plus.
- Equipment Certifications, i.e. Fork and Scissor Lift.