Front-end Engineer - Web (Onsite/Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Application and Web Software /
Based in San Francisco with offices in Stuttgart, Germany, Shaper was founded in 2012 with a mission of developing a revolutionary line of computer-augmented power tools, beginning first with a handheld CNC router called Origin. Today, Shaper supports thousands of woodworkers and craftspeople around the globe with the simple approach of developing tools to meet users' needs, rather than expecting users to conform to the tools.
We’re looking for a Front-end Engineer to help us expand the capabilities of our digital fabrication ecosystem and build web applications that help craftspeople make, collaborate, learn and share.
This position is open to both local and remote candidates located within the United States of America. Shaper HQ is located in San Francisco, California. Flexible working hours are expected for remote candidates in order to ensure effective communication.
- Develop high-quality, intuitive features that enable users to develop projects, manage their account, share projects, and purchase products.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to plan, estimate, prioritize, and build responsive user facing features
- Maintain and improve-upon existing features and functionality
- Collaborate with multiple product teams to build cross-platform features and functionality
- Validate your work with automated tests and close collaboration with our Quality Assurance team
- Work diligently to triage, prioritize and fix bugs
- Measure and work to improve user experience and site performance
- Coordinate with our North American and European support teams to address customer issues
You might be a good fit if you have
- 3+ years in web development with at least 1 year in consumer-facing product
- Proficiency with modern front-end frameworks like React/Redux, Angular, etc.
- Familiarity with backend frameworks such as Node.js
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow
Even better if you
- Are passionate about user experience
- Enjoy working independently on a small team
- Love to make both digital & physical things
What we offer
- Take what you need vacation and sick leave policy
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous parental leave
- 401k plan with matching
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts Shaper’s products and from our partner brands
- Access to a full woodshop at our San Francisco HQ, with support from experienced staff to help realize your projects
Although we do our best to list everything we are looking for in a candidate, we are very likely missing skills and/or attributes that could make you a great fit for the role. Research has shown that women and other marginalized groups are less likely to apply if they don’t clearly meet every requirement. This means we both might miss out on a great opportunity—it never hurts to take a chance and apply!