Web Security Engineer
Services – Threat Solutions (TS)
Shape Security is scouting for a Software Engineer who is a passionate in cybersecurity and a professional who is looking to take on new challenges in the fast-evolving field of cybersecurity.
As a Software Engineer in the Professional Services team, you will be joining a company of professionals with diverse experiences and backgrounds who are dedicated to identify and stop automated attacks against web and mobile applications of the Fortune Global 2000.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze large websites and integrate Shape Security solution(s)
- Configure web security solution(s) to optimize protection
- Troubleshoot error conditions
- Analyze web transactional data to ensure efficacy and detect errors
- Develop tooling/automation/documentation/training to make our work more efficient, reliable, and repeatable
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience with web technologies
- Experience with client-side frameworks/libraries such as jQuery, Angular, React, or Vue.js
- Understanding of server-side libraries like PHP, Java, .NET, Node.js as well as RESTful APIs
- Thinking critically, problem-solving, and troubleshooting
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP networking
Bonus Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with web app testing tools for load, stress, and performance such as Selenium
- Experience working with web debugging proxies such as Charles and Fiddler
- Expertise in web security
- Data science skills
The world’s leading financial, retail and travel companies and government agencies rely on Shape Security as their primary line of defense against fraud and attacks on their web and mobile applications. The Shape platform, covered by 45 patents, was designed to stop the most dangerous application attacks enabled by cybercriminal fraud tools, including credential stuffing (account takeover), product scraping, unauthorized aggregation, and other threats. Shape has prevented over $1 billion in fraud losses for its customers and protects more than 1.3 billion user accounts. Shape is headed by industry leaders from Google, Cisco, IBM, Raytheon, Palo Alto Networks, and the Pentagon.