Web Security Engineer
Services – Threat Solutions (TS)
Shape Security protects the world’s leading organizations against advanced bot attacks. Staying ahead of sophisticated attackers requires that we innovate constantly, that we innovate at scale, and that we innovate across the applications and infrastructures of the world’s largest enterprises. As a Security Engineer at Shape Security, you will collaborate with multiple engineering teams and Customer Success to craft solutions to the most challenging customer environments while creating the tooling and training to enable CS to deliver with efficiency and quality.
You will gain a mastery over every component of the Shape platform, troubleshoot problems in distributed environments, engineer solutions to the most complex requirements, innovate new deployment models, create tooling to facilitate rapid and reliable deployments, and share your expertise with solution architects, who are on the frontlines of delivering Shape Security to enterprise customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze large websites and integrate Shape Security solution(s)
- Develop innovative solutions using the incredibly flexible Shape platform and Shape’s functional configuration language.
- Develop tooling/automation/documentation/training to make the work of CS efficient, reliable, and repeatable.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience with web technologies
- Understanding of server-side libraries like PHP, Java, .NET, Node.js as well as RESTful APIs
- Strong at problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Good communication skills and willingness to provide training and documentation for Solution Architects
Bonus Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with web app testing tools for load, stress, and performance such as Selenium
- Experience working with web debugging proxies such as Charles and Fiddler
- Expertise in web security
- Data science skills
The world’s leading financial, retail and travel companies and government agencies rely on Shape Security as their primary line of defense against fraud and attacks on their web and mobile applications. The Shape platform, covered by 45 patents, was designed to stop the most dangerous application attacks enabled by cybercriminal fraud tools, including credential stuffing (account takeover), product scraping, unauthorized aggregation, and other threats. Shape has prevented over $1 billion in fraud losses for its customers and protects more than 1.3 billion user accounts. Shape is headed by industry leaders from Google, Cisco, IBM, Raytheon, Palo Alto Networks, and the Pentagon.