Sales Engineer, Australia
Sales – Sales Engineering
As a Shape Security Pre-Sales Systems Engineer you will be the technical face of the company to our prospective clients during the presales stages. You will be expected to work closely with sales executives, product management, support, professional services, engineering, marketing and executive management to secure successful deal closures and to meet revenue goals.
Extensive travel within the territory is required.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling web security solutions including: web application firewalls, security proxies and caches, load balancers, or cloud-based web security offerings. Candidates should also have practical experience working with routing, switching, and application delivery products (e.g. load balancers, proxies, caches, etc.) that will be installed adjacent to the Shape Security appliances.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Presenting the Shape platform and articulating the value proposition to prospective clients
- Helping prospective clients understand the new developments in leading edge web security
- Creating and delivering demonstrations
- Gathering technical requirements from prospective clients and mapping the platform to the prospective clients’ unique requirements.
- Creating evaluation/proof of concept test plans with prospective clients
- Managing the evaluation process to a successful technical close leading to revenue
- BS / MS Computer Science or equivalent. MS preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of successful experience as an SE for early stage enterprise software companies
- Experience and skill sets in areas such as L7 web application delivery systems (load balancers, reverse proxies), content delivery networking, and large scale web application architectures
- Practical knowledge of systems installation, configuration, and administration of UNIX/Linux systems and virtual environments (e.g. VMWare, AWS, etc.)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting web security solutions
- Self-motivated – always finding ways to improve processes and increase revenue
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) as well as technical presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and drive to do everything necessary to support achieving sales goals.