Senior Android Engineer, Toronto
R&D – Engineering
About Shape Security
We are security and web experts, pioneers, evangelists, and elite researchers. We believe in the power of the Internet to be a positive force; our mission is to protect every website and mobile app from cybercriminals. Shape’s founders fought cybercrime at the Pentagon, Google, and other leading security companies. We are backed by some of the most prominent leaders and investors in the technology industry including Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures, and more. Come be a part of our unparalleled team that is responsible for making the Internet a safer place for everyone.
Join a brilliant team of engineers, data scientists, and security experts to defend the Internet against automated attacks and help eliminate the scourge of credential stuffing once and for all. Implement countermeasures, analyze code intrusion, detect privilege elevation/permission hijacking, ensure the integrity of Shape’s defenses, and establish yourself as a leader in the growing field of mobile security.
Shape is defeating malicious attackers in real time, daily, and needs passionate people who will develop the next generation of weapons to use. We have flexibility regarding the level of the role - just looking for awesome people to join the team!
- Develop and support new features in Shape’s Android SDK so to reliably establish the security posture of millions of mobile devices in real time
- Research new innovations in security as the mobile landscape shifts with new devices and APIs.
- Work with Shape’s service and support teams to deliver the service to fortune 500 customers.
- Proficiency in Java on Android.
- Deployed an SDK at scale or complex apps to the Google App Store
- Experience with developing automated mobile app tests.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Deep knowledge of HTTP/HTTPS in practice
- Basic knowledge of Kotlin/NDK for Android applications.
- Skilled in a scripting language such as Python.
- Solid understanding of secure coding practices.
- Fundamentals of root detection, debugging hooks etc.
- Familiarity with certificate pinning, Android keystore, secure boot, safety net etc.
- Awareness of Game Theory and its application in security.
- Experience in data encryption and secure communication.
- Experience analyzing network traffic for attacks.
- Experience with hybrid web/mobile frameworks such as PhoneGap.
- Automation experience with frameworks such as Appium/Selenium.
Shape in the news
- Shape recognized as the fastest-growing company in Silicon Valley:
- Shape made the list for top AI 100
Shape Security Honored As Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area by Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™