Senior Cloud Engineer
Services – Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
About Shape Security
We are security and web experts, pioneers, evangelists, and elite researchers. We believe in the power of the Internet to be a positive force; our mission is to protect every website and mobile app from cybercriminals. Shape’s founders fought cybercrime at the Pentagon, Google, and other leading security companies. We are backed by some of the most prominent leaders and investors in the technology industry including Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures, and more. Come be a part of our unparalleled team that is responsible for making the Internet a safer place for everyone.
Collaborating with diverse engineers, the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) team facilitates new and existing Shape products. We are responsible for automating, monitoring, deploying, and maintaining our production services in GCP and AWS. We build the tooling, frameworks, and infrastructure supporting our staging and production environments involved in our rapidly evolving and growing security products. Typical day-to-day activities include assisting in development efforts, automation tooling, operational documentation, ensuring security compliance, maintaining all existing global deployments and providing guidance on how to best support our customers' needs.
- Design/build large scale cloud-based automation and management system.
- Work closely with development, product, IT, operations, platform, data system and customer support teams for enterprise defense cloud product delivery.
- Automate away everything that doesn’t require communication (between humans), creativity or technical judgement.
- Understand end-products and help to document and tool for operations.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks.
- Continuously refine monitoring processes, configurations, and thresholds.
- 5+ years of DevOps or SRE experience in the software industry.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Go, Java.
- Experience with public cloud platforms: GCP, AWS, Azure, etc..
- Experience with system integration, performance in distributed systems and cloud environments.
- A solid understanding of the full web application stack. From bits on disk all the way up to Internet routing protocols, and everything in between (Layers 1-7 of OSI).
- Developing, trouble-shooting, and administration skills in Linux
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related engineering discipline OR equivalent professional experience.