Security Applications Engineer
Services – Threat Solutions (TS)
About Shape Security
We are security and web experts, pioneers, evangelists, and elite researchers. We believe in the power of the Internet to be a positive force; our mission is to protect every website and mobile app from cybercriminals. Shape’s founders fought cybercrime at the Pentagon, Google, and other leading security companies. We are backed by some of the most prominent leaders and investors in the technology industry including Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures, and more. Come be a part of our unparalleled team that is responsible for making the Internet a safer place for everyone.
Would you enjoy the challenge of hands-on, applied engineering, solving complex problems in distributed systems, and securing the Internet against the onslaught of bot attacks? Then join Shape Security, the superheroes protecting online accounts from criminal takeover, safeguarding the privacy of you, your friends, and family. We’re looking for somebody with web development experience, knowledge of networking fundamentals, and strong troubleshooting skills to ensure the successful deployment of Shape’s industry-leading security solution.
If you’re thinking you don’t want to apply because you don't have a security background, please, step right up! The short version - we are looking for someone with a strong web development background, good fundamental knowledge on networking, fundamental knowledge on functional programming, and who loves to be problem solver tackling complex problems.
- Develop tooling to support how the Shape reverse proxy network appliance processes http traffic.
- Analyze http traffic to uncover attacks and errors and work to optimize the security and reliability of the Shape defense system.
- Empower Shape’s Customer Success team out in the field through tooling, training, and systems engineering support.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related field; otherwise, strong programming background that demonstrates grounding in fundamentals
- Experienced with web development including client-side and server-side frameworks
- Troubleshooting experience related to networking and web application development
- Strong coding skills in Java, Python, or other programming languages
- Working knowledge of HTTP/HTTPS and the TCP/IP stack
- Good written and verbal communication skillsProficiency in Linux operating system
- Knowledge of various operating systems, cloud environments and coding standards
- Experience in application testing and verification
- An understanding and experience in application security
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good collaboration skills
- A highly motivated individual with strong technical skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- An energetic, self-starter, who is comfortable in a team-oriented environment including the ability to articulate daily individual accomplishments and blocking issue
- An understanding of software development methodologies and the demonstrated ability to design and develop complex software systems
- Experience in application or network security
- Solid understanding of secure coding practices
- Experience in data encryption and secure communication
- Experience analyzing network traffic for attacks
- Three+ years of application security experience
Shape in the news
- Shape recognized as the fastest-growing company in Silicon Valley:
- Shape made the list for top AI 100
- Technology fact!!
Shape Security Honored As Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area by Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™
Check it out... Faster script loading with BinaryAST? https://blog.cloudflare.com/binary-ast/