Security Operations Analyst
Services – Security Operations Ctr (SOC)
We are security and web experts, pioneers, evangelists and elite researchers. We believe in the power of the Internet to be a positive force and our mission is to protect every website and mobile app from cybercriminals.
Shape’s founders fought cybercrime at the Pentagon, Google, and leading security companies. They realized that Alan Turing’s vision of a day when computers could pass for humans had arrived in the form of automated attacks on websites. They responded with a fundamentally new technology approach to web and mobile security that has attracted some of the top computer scientists, researchers, and engineers in the world. Shape now defends the web and mobile applications for the world's leading corporations.
Shape recognized as the fastest-growing company in Silicon Valley: Shape Security Honored As Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area by Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™
Shape made the list for top AI 100Top AI 100 List: The Artificial Intelligence Startups Redefining Industries.
- Serve as a deeply skilled and knowledgeable resource within the security technology area
- Detect, fingerprint, and mitigate cyber threats on a per-event basis
- Analyze HTTP/HTTPS traffic via log data for security events, hardware/software/network issues
- Participate in projects specific to Security Operations Center roadmap
- Perform security incident analysis and recommend remediation steps
- Communicate via phone, email, chat with customer support teams and contacts
- Work escalations from SOC analysts to completion in ticket tracking system
- Knowledge of web security principles, techniques and technologies
- Understanding the technical aspects of Web application security
- Ability to create documentation and training material
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and resources
- Knowledge and experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools
We'd be even more impressed if you have...
- A passion for security topics, as demonstrated by professional experience or personal projects
- A background in data systems and statistics (Elasticsearch and related are extra helpful)
- Experience working on a team concerned with uptime or systems availability