Senior Backend Engineer
Austin, Texas /
Sharethrough is disrupting the legacy digital advertising supply chain as the first ad exchange to auto-enhance every standard impression by rendering a higher-performing ad that dynamically fits into any placement on any site. Our technology and approach enables advertisers to see substantial campaign performance improvements and cost savings using the same standard video and display creative as well as the buying workflow they use with standard exchanges. The Sharethrough Exchange (STX) powers over 225 billion monthly impressions and is integrated with more than 30 of the world's largest demand side platforms, enabling buyers to efficiently achieve their marketing objectives at scale.
As an engineer on the Sharethrough Exchange team at Sharethrough, you’ll build out our highly scalable service infrastructure, generating insights used by top publishers and brands on the open web, powering critical revenue behind companies like Disney, CNN, VICE, and CBSi. You'll be a key contributor to our Scala-based backend services that make thousands of complex, real-time decisions per second possible. Large-scale distributed, high performance = those are the problems you can solve on the team.
What You'll Be Doing
- Having a say: You’ll participate in problem definition and solution with a diverse group of engineers and business owners from around the company.
- Proper engineering: Writing Scala-based distributed infrastructure that is performant, well-tested, and easy to maintain. We value teamwork and experimentation to achieve the best outcomes.
- Technical heavy lifting: You’ll architect and implement major components of an ambitious distributed system at scale.
Let's Talk If
- You’ve shipped software: You have production experience with large-scale distributed systems and are excited to explore new technologies that can push the boundaries of efficiency.
- You care about code: You take pride in engineering, and have a deep understanding of how to write high quality, maintainable, extensible software in a collaborative environment.
- You like moving quickly: We push to production on every commit via our continuous integration and deployment pipeline and value truly immutable infrastructure.
Why You'll Love Working at Sharethrough
- Values-driven culture: You’d be walking into a welcoming and diverse environment that is built around strong values such as: ownership, curiosity, caring, resilience and the belief that we’re stronger together. We’ve built a fun, supportive culture, and firmly believe in what we’re doing.
- Marry the problem, not the solution: We’re constantly re-evaluating our technical infrastructure to deliver faster, better, and more reliable software.
- Grow and flourish: We’re committed to the individual development and growth of everyone. Your team wants everyone to succeed and you’ll be encouraged to deepen your role with clear objectives and career path planning and support.
- Investment time: Each iteration you'll have dedicated time to dig deeper and explore new technologies, frameworks, etc. This is time set aside for you and the team as an investment in you, and you'll have the chance to share any new insights with your team.
What's In It For You?
- Competitive compensation packages
- Generous group health insurance plan
- Access to the virtual healthcare platform
- Access to the company's stock option plan
- 16 days of vacation per year, which increases with seniority at the company
- 3 paid Caring days
- 1 paid volunteer day
- Offices closed during the holidays
- Wellness allocation of $840 per year (for gym memberships, sportswear, etc.)
- In-house training programs on our company and industry
- Encouragement and funding of continuing education and training
- Very active social committee and free online sports classes
- Access to a tool that measures your engagement and job satisfaction anonymously
- Pairing with a buddy for your first 6 months
- Advantageous referral program
- Inclusive, inspiring, and dynamic work environment
- Casual dress code
- Work from home and flexible hours
- And more!