Engineering Manager - Sharethrough+
Austin, Texas /
Sharethrough is disrupting the legacy digital advertising supply chain as the first ad exchange to auto-enhance every standard impression by rendering a higher-performing ad that dynamically fits into any placement on any site. Our technology and approach enables advertisers to see substantial campaign performance improvements and cost savings using the same standard video and display creative as well as the buying workflow they use with standard exchanges. The Sharethrough Exchange (STX) powers over 225 billion monthly impressions and is integrated with more than 30 of the world's largest demand side platforms, enabling buyers to efficiently achieve their marketing objectives at scale.
Your Next Challenge
Sharethrough is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Sharethrough+ team. You’ll be leading a team of 4 engineers responsible for developing a suite of tools used to enable our sales and ad operations teams. Your team’s technology is critical to the success of Sharethrough’s omnichannel exchange: enabling ad enhancements, driving revenue, and providing unique insights into our advertisers’ ad spend. Your passion for full stack technologies, performant, scalable code and enjoyable user experiences will help drive the future of Sharethrough’s advertising.
- We value managers who care personally and build strong relationships with the folks on their teams. To that end, you’ll be conducting weekly 1-on-1s where you will:
- Set clear expectations by defining goals and outcomes
- Ensure the right people are in the right roles by forming meaningful relationships and understanding them individually
- Provide mentorship to other members of the team and challenge them directly to move outside their comfort zones and become stronger versions of themselves
- Provide candid, timely feedback and hold people accountable
- You’ll lead a team of experienced engineers and grow the team by hiring the people necessary to reach our goals
- You’ll help architect and scale our Ruby on Rails applications to thrive at an ever increasing scale.
- You’ll help ship code - pairing programming with engineers, reviewing pull requests and unblocking the team.
- You’ll collaborate closely with Product and other Engineering teams, helping to ensure the team is focused on translating the right problems into solutions at the right time.
- You’ll iterate and improve on our engineering processes and technical culture. Our methods of product development were created by product and engineering working closely together, and you’ll be a part of that
- You’ve led teams utilizing modern software processes and practices like Agile (any form), Continuous Improvement, Continuous Delivery, Test-Driven Development, Infrastructure-as-Code, etc.
- You’ve worked on large Ruby on Rails projects.
- You’re comfortable working with data and using that data to drive your decisions.
- You’ll have a ton of support to help you hit the ground running when you join us. You’ll start by completing Sharethrough University, a three-day program where you’ll learn everything Sharethrough (industry context, product suite, detailed financials, etc.). Next comes an Engineering Onboarding program; two-weeks of meeting with multiple engineers from every team to understand our architecture, technology and product development process. Finally, you’ll be a part of a company with a strong management culture that values and invests in management-as-a-skill.
What's In It For You?
- Competitive compensation packages
- Generous group health insurance plan
- Access to the virtual healthcare platform
- Access to the company's stock option plan
- 16 days of vacation per year, which increases with seniority at the company
- 3 paid Caring days
- 1 paid volunteer day
- Offices closed during the holidays
- Wellness allocation of $840 per year (for gym memberships, sportswear, etc.)
- In-house training programs on our company and industry
- Encouragement and funding of continuing education and training
- Very active social committee and free online sports classes
- Access to a tool that measures your engagement and job satisfaction anonymously
- Pairing with a buddy for your first 6 months
- Advantageous referral program
- Inclusive, inspiring, and dynamic work environment
- Casual dress code
- Work from home and flexible hours
- And more!
- Want to apply but feel like you don't meet every requirement? Apply anyways! Studies show that women and people of colour are less likely to apply if they do not exactly fit all the requirements in the job description. At Sharethrough, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workspace, so if you feel eager about this opportunity but feel like your experience is not perfectly aligned with the job description - apply! There may be other roles you fit the profile for.