Staff Product Manager - Ad Exchange
Toronto, ON /
Sharethrough is disrupting the legacy digital advertising supply chain as the first ad exchange to auto-enhance every standard impression by rendering a higher-performing ad that dynamically fits into any placement on any site. Our technology and approach enables advertisers to see substantial campaign performance improvements and cost savings using the same standard video and display creative as well as the buying workflow they use with standard exchanges. The Sharethrough Exchange (STX) powers over 225 billion monthly impressions and is integrated with more than 30 of the world's largest demand side platforms, enabling buyers to efficiently achieve their marketing objectives at scale.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who shares our passion for building data-driven products. We believe in an experiment-driven approach that enables you to test out your ideas. While we’ve built a scaled and differentiated exchange over the past years, we believe we’ve just scratched the surface.
About the Role
- Our exchange team drives many critical initiatives, including:
- Matching & Routing :
- Marketplace Health & Integrity :
- Key Marketplace Success Metrics :
- New partner (supply and demand) integrations
- New format (eg CTV, audio, digital out of home, etc.) support
- Regulatory compliance work such as GDPR, CCPA
- Coordinating large, complex cross functional projects on-time, anticipating and work through bottlenecks, making tradeoffs and balancing business and technical constraints, escalation management
- Working with a distributed team of engineers, product peers, and business stakeholders
- Defining, tracking and improving upon key business and product success metrics
- Developing a comprehensive strategic understanding of exchange operations and identifying areas for competitive and economic differentiation
〰️ How do we intelligently match supply and demand in a data-driven / cost effective way?
〰️ How do we evolve our platform to define and build advanced marketplace controls, across supply and demand?
〰️ How do we detect and prevent fraudulent supply and demand?
〰️ How do we increase our marketplace integrity?
〰️ What are the key success metrics?
〰️ How do we calibrate their performance and utilize them to drive product strategy?
〰️ How do we proactively identify gaps in features across marketplaces and slices of supply / demand?
More generally, the work of the marketplace PM involves:
- 6+ years of professional experience
- 4+ years experience as a product manager or a lead engineer in an analogous space (e.g. two sided auctions or similar problems with extensive data science, empirical analysis and engineering needs)
- Interest in and exposure to lean startup methodologies and processes
- Proficiency in running SQL queries is preferred as is prior experience with data science and data processing frameworks
- First-hand working experience with agile/scrum software development methodologies
- Equally comfortable with seeing the “big picture” and meticulously thinking through every requirement of online development projects
- CS, engineering, math, economics or statistics background required
What's in it for You?
- Competitive compensation packages
- Generous group health insurance plan
- Access to the virtual healthcare platform Dialogue
- Access to the company's stock option plan
- 16 days of vacation per year, which increases with seniority at the company
- 3 paid Caring days
- 1 paid volunteer day
- Offices closed during the holidays
- Wellness allocation of $840 per year (for gym memberships, sportswear, etc.)
- In-house training programs on our company and industry
- Encouragement and funding of continuing education and training
- Very active social committee and free online sports classes
- Access to a tool that measures your engagement and job satisfaction anonymously
- Pairing with a buddy for your first 6 months
- Advantageous referral program
- Inclusive, inspiring, and dynamic work environment
- Casual dress code
- Work from home and flexible hours
- And more!
- Want to apply but feel like you don't meet every requirement? Apply anyways! Studies show that women and people of colour are less likely to apply if they do not exactly fit all the requirements in the job description. At Sharethrough, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workspace, so if you feel eager about this opportunity but feel like your experience is not perfectly aligned with the job description - apply! There may be other roles you fit the profile for.