Site Reliability Engineer (Remote, EST/MST)
Site Reliability – Site Reliability Engineering /
The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) is an important member of SharpSpring’s Systems team. SREs on the team are responsible for ensuring the reliability of the company’s Cloud Infrastructure and SaaS products.
We are looking for a remote SRE (to work in either a EST or MST time zone) that is a skilled sysadmin but who also possesses strong programming abilities. SREs frequently automate routine tasks using programming and routinely write custom Prometheus exporters or other programs to solve operational problems. Additionally, SREs are sometimes required to create hotfixes for the company’s SaSS software while on-call after standard business hours. Moreover, SharpSpring SREs influence architectural decisions and drive architectural changes within the company.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, possesses excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and is able to work both independently and collaboratively. A keen interest in various aspects of Linux system administration and software development is essential in our multi-disciplinary team. If you are interested in joining a growing, dynamic, and successful Tech company where your work will make a significant impact on the growth and success of the company, then we want to talk to you!
This is a remote position, but we are interested in speaking with local candidates as well.
- Must have prior successful experience working remotely.
- 5+ years professional work experience in SRE, DevOps, System Administration, Development, or similar roles.
- Demonstrable programming abilities (please submit code samples).
- Knowledge of Linux system internals and common tools. In particular, you should understand the Linux process model and be comfortable using tools like strace, gdb, lsof, etc., for debugging running processes.
- Must have production Kubernetes experience.
- Docker experience, creating and running containers.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals. You should understand iptables rules and be comfortable using common network troubleshooting tools like netstat, netcat, nmap, etc.
- Strong Bash scripting skills.
- Additionally, you should have a strong working knowledge of at least one of these programming languages: Go, PHP, Python.
- You must be comfortable troubleshooting and debugging web applications across the entire stack (i.e. the application layer, the database layer, the OS).
- Production MySQL experience: replication, performance tuning, query optimization.
- You should have familiarity with Ansible or other configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef.
- Production Vitess experience is a significant plus.
- Production MongoDB experience is a plus.
- Production ElasticSearch experience is a plus.
- Prometheus, Alert Manager, and Grafana experience is a plus too.
- You think of infrastructure and automation as code.
- You handle large services and applications in high traffic environments.
- You enjoy working at scale.
- You like coding challenges and thrive on efficient and fast code.
- You are passionate about what you do and often explore new tools and technologies that make automation and scale a reality.
SharpSpring Is for Everyone
We're more than just a tech company. We're real people, with real perspectives and deep respect for what makes you, you. We believe that every individual has the power to open minds, make an impact, and inspire change. Our goal at SharpSpring is to be inclusive, intersectional, and intentional about how we foster equity both at work and in our local and global community.
Find out more about what it's like to work at SharpSpring! (NASDAQ: SHSP)