Staff Product Designer (Remote - US)
Remote / Distributed /
Design & Product /
WHAT WE DO
At Shef, we are building a homemade food marketplace. We believe in providing the shefs in our community (refugees, immigrants, stay-at-home parents, retirees and out-of-work restaurant chefs) the opportunity to make a meaningful income by doing what they love! We also believe that every person should have access to a wholesome, home-cooked meal at an affordable price. Building a community devoted to economic empowerment and cultural inclusivity -- that's why we started Shef.
We are committed to reimagining home cooking regulations around the country to help put people back to work following the COVID-19 pandemic and have raised nearly $30M from investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Craft Ventures, and M13, as well as founders and executives from Instacart, TaskRabbit, StubHub, AngelList, Lyft, Airbnb, and Yelp. We have a ton of exciting work ahead of us and are excited to have you join us!
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be the lead designer on one of our core product areas at Shef. You will work closely with some of the most talented engineers, designers and cross functional team members you have ever met, to turn ideas and sketches into products that people want and love to use. You will design and ship experiences that are simple and elegant. When you aren't creating beautiful new products, you will raise the bar of the design team as a whole, acting as a mentor to other team members, evangelizing design thinking and setting a north star on quality.
- Build beautiful and intuitive experiences. Work alongside talented engineers and PMs in your product group to take designs from concept to delivery.
- Set the bar and lift others up. Lead by example, by consistently generating A+ work that others can look to for inspiration. Level up your fellow designers by giving them constructive feedback and sharing past learnings.
- Be user-centric. Work with your PM to deeply understand user problems and needs. Validate ideas with mockups, prototypes, and usability testing.
- Work cross functionally. Collaborate closely with Marketing, Researchers and Writers to help make Shef feel like a delightful continuum across every touchpoint of the customer experience.
- 5+ years working as a designer on product team
- You have an outstanding portfolio or history of work, showcasing a depth of skill in creating engaging visual designs and brand development
- You like thinking about complex problems, and enjoy exploring the ambiguity inherent to defining a new product category
- You know it’s the little things that make people love a product, but you also know when it’s time to ship
- You strive to intimately know the people you’re designing for and how your work impacts their lives
- You are extremely curious and have strong attention to detail
- You have experience designing mobile-first digital products and web/desktop products.
At Shef, we are building a platform that celebrates difference and cultural inclusivity by providing equitable opportunities for economic empowerment and by reimagining food making and sharing in our 21st century world. Our employee, shef, and customer communities represent a wide, beautiful cross-section of individuals from diverse cultures, ethnicities, races, and walks of life.
Shef is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build a team that reflects the communities we serve, and a workplace that nurtures and empowers unique identities and experiences. We are committed to advancing equity in a tech industry that has often fallen short. We strongly encourage applications from BIPOC (Black; Indigenous; People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and other individuals who are underrepresented in the industry, across color, religion, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity.
For individuals who require an accommodation during the interview process, please advise your company contact.
Note: Please protect yourself from job scams! Do not respond to fake employment offers for Shef from third-parties.
Shef will never ask for money or fees at any point during the interview process; if you are being asked to send money as part of your interaction do not send money.
Shef does not ask applicants to communicate through Telegram, Skype or WhatsApp. If you are being asked to download a third party app to communicate for a job interview, do not download.
Shef posts all legitimate job openings on our jobs page. You may come across job postings on various job boards. Any legitimate role on a third party site will also be posted on our careers page. Please verify a role exists or apply directly at https://jobs.lever.co/shef.
If you come across any of the situations above, please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org.