Operations Coordinator - Seattle (Part Time)
WHAT WE DO
At Shef, we are building a homemade food marketplace. We believe in providing the shefs in our community (refugees, immigrants, stay-at-home parents, retirees and out-of-work restaurant chefs) the opportunity to make a meaningful income by doing what they love! We also believe that every person should have access to a wholesome, home-cooked meal at an affordable price. Building a community devoted to economic empowerment and cultural inclusivity -- that's why we started Shef.
We are committed to reimagining home cooking around the country to empower everyone to make meaningful incomes by feeding their neighbor and have raised over $100m from investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Craft Ventures, and M13, as well as founders and executives from Instacart, TaskRabbit, StubHub, AngelList, Lyft, Airbnb, and Yelp. We have a ton of exciting work ahead of us and are excited to have you join us!
We would also love for you to give Shef a try yourself! Just CLICK HERE for $15 off your first order! We can't wait to hear what you think!
We are looking for an operationally-minded teammates to execute on the day-to-day on-the-ground operations at Bellevue location. You will ensure deliveries safely make their way from shefs to consumers and serve as the face of Shef to our shefs. This role's compensation is $22/hour with a $100 per month Shef credit.
Important: This is a part-time position with potential to turn into full-time. This position is in-market and on-site.
- Serve as the face of Shef on the ground, particularly to shefs who drop off at the hub
- Ensure clean receipt of deliveries from shefs and send deliveries off with drivers
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) set forth by the Operations Manager
- Manage hub-level inventory
- Use tools including Slack, Google Sheets, Retool, etc.
- High sense of responsibility: you take responsibility for implementing all aspects of operational standards
- Extreme reliability: you are on-time, all the time
- Operationally savvy: you have a high level of attention to detail and you ensure every delivery goes out on time and in good condition.
- Communications: you keep in regular communication with your General Manager; you know when to escalate and when to keep your Operations Manager in the loop so there are no surprises.
- Coachable on technology: you can learn to manage all tools with minimal error.
- Hospitality experience or customer service experience
- Has a vehicle / can drive
At Shef, we are building a platform that celebrates difference and cultural inclusivity by providing equitable opportunities for economic empowerment and by reimagining food making and sharing in our 21st century world. Our employee, shef, and customer communities represent a wide, beautiful cross-section of individuals from diverse cultures, ethnicities, races, and walks of life.
Shef is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build a team that reflects the communities we serve, and a workplace that nurtures and empowers unique identities and experiences. We are committed to advancing equity in a tech industry that has often fallen short. We strongly encourage applications from BIPOC (Black; Indigenous; People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and other individuals who are underrepresented in the industry, across color, religion, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity.
For individuals who require an accommodation during the interview process, please advise your company contact.
Note: Please protect yourself from job scams! Do not respond to fake employment offers for Shef from third-parties.
Shef will never ask for money or fees at any point during the interview process; if you are being asked to send money as part of your interaction do not send money.
Shef does not ask applicants to communicate through Telegram, Skype or WhatsApp. If you are being asked to download a third party app to communicate for a job interview, do not download.
Shef posts all legitimate job openings on our jobs page. You may come across job postings on various job boards. Any legitimate role on a third party site will also be posted on our careers page. Please verify a role exists or apply directly at https://jobs.lever.co/shef.
If you come across any of the situations above, please report them to our recruiting team.