Seattle, WA or Remote /
At Shelf Engine, we’re on a mission to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste, which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the negative ecological and social impacts of waste.
Shelf Engine is searching for a talented Senior Copywriter to join our growing marketing team and report directly to our Head of Marketing. You will work cross-functionally to create clear and compelling messaging across all communication channels. Our ideal candidate is an independent contributor who can wear many hats and is both creative, yet analytical, with the ability to use data and insights to continually improve our content and tell thought-provoking, engaging stories. Outside of writing, you will be responsible for talking with subject matter experts, diving into industry research and trends, and project managing your own work.
This position is based in Seattle, WA or remote.
As a Senior Copywriter at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Maintain the Shelf voice while writing for all mediums.
- Write SEO-friendly copy for our website and blog that prompts action, allowing us to improve the conversion rate at every stage of the funnel.
- Track the competitive landscape and analyze trends to identify content opportunities within the food retail space.
- Bring our solution to life by writing and editing thoughtful design-oriented copy across landing pages, white papers, eBooks, case studies, and email campaigns.
- Work with the marketing team to brainstorm creative sales messaging that our buyers can’t resist.
- Work hard to ensure deadlines are met and edits are executed for final approval.
- Own the process of writing all short-form and long-form content.
- Contribute on-brand ideas at creative team meetings.
- Research existing and emerging grocery and storytelling trends and use editorial content in innovative ways.
- Work on ad-hoc projects with the goal of improving content quality.
And we think you would make a great Senior Copywriter if you:
- Bring 7 to 10 years experience developing, editing, and writing content for web, products, blogs, email, and print in a B2B environment.
- Have exceptional copywriting skills capable of writing engaging, thought-provoking short-form and long-form content including white papers, eBooks, case studies, blogs, thought leadership bylines, and more.
- Have operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools and experience using data and revenue goals to inform and develop content strategies.
- Are fast and efficient with proven project/time management skills and are committed to meeting deadlines.
- Are a proactive, flexible team player able to take ownership in a fluid and fast-moving environment.
- Care about all things grocery and tech and you’re eager to share your knowledge with the world.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and can identify topics of interest to an executive-level audience.
- Have experience in the application of SEO best practices.
- Have best-in-industry editing and proofing skills.
- Hold an undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism or communications.
- Are authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
At Shelf Engine, you will join an inclusive team of driven, passionate, and caring people hungry for change in an untapped industry. Our founders are well versed in the food industry and have successfully built product and engineering teams. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but tackling key initiatives with large environmental impacts. We're a tight-knit and passionate team that is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.