Senior Product Manager
Seattle, WA /
At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste, which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the negative ecological and social impacts of waste.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our existing product management team. This role will be instrumental in scaling the Shelf Engine business, developing new products that attract new customers and drive expansion with existing customers.
This position is based in Seattle, WA, and will report directly to our CTO/CPO.
As a Senior Product Manager at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Deeply research and understand the grocery and food industry, including its suppliers, logistics, customers and store operations
- Develop features and products for Shelf Engine to continue to reduce waste and inefficiency in the food industry
- Work across the sales, customer success, operations, engineering and data science teams to design and execute new features and products
We think you’d be great at this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in a technology-focused product management role/s, specifically software design, working with engineers. Exploring and building products from concept to execution
- Are a great communicator in both written and verbal forms, able to concisely express complex ideas and adjust appropriately to different audiences
- Are able to lead people from multiple disciplines. Formal people management experience isn’t required and isn’t part of the role, but being able to build consensus and make things happen across disciplines is essential
- Are great at making good decisions, even when there’s uncertainty or gaps in available information
- Excel at operating in a data driven manner - our entire business is driven by data
- Have deep empathy, for customers and for colleagues
- Work well in fast paced environment with a ‘Roll-up your sleeves’ attitude
- Have experience working on deep data problems and with data scientists (a big plus)
- Have Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field (preferred)
- Are authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
At Shelf Engine, you will join an inclusive team of driven, passionate, and caring people hungry for change in an untapped industry. Our founders are well versed in the food industry and have successfully built product and engineering teams. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but tackling key initiatives with large environmental impacts. We're a tight-knit and passionate team that is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.